Bad Catalyst drivers for Windows2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Person

Baseband Member
To my unhappiness I have come to find out that there is no official version of Catalyst drivers for Windows 2003. Knowing that Windows 2003 has great compatibility capabilites I set Compatibility Mode to Windows XP for the ATI panels, so they could start. Well, the drivers work, but most of the games I usually play are so choppy its impossible to play (Like Diablo2, I would never think that it would work worse than an old GeForce4MX :)).
So my question is, would this be caused by the OS, or is the fault of Catalyst 3.9 drivers?
BTW. my card is Radeon 9600 PRO.

I can't get any of my games to work properly in Win2003 either. Guess the comptibility mode isnt all its cracked up to be after all.

You guys also have to remeber that W2K3 wasn't built to play games on. It's a server OS.

If you want to play games, install XP or 2000 Pro.

To answer the question though, it's more than likely the drivers, (Unless you have a hacked 2003 copy- which I'm assuming) and then it could be either.

[PS. I have a legit copy and all games I have tested on it work fine. Tested on a 1.7 P4, 512 DDR, Radeon 7500]

I know its not meant to play games but both playing and developing would be a great convienice if done under one OS.
I don't have any hacked drivers, I downloaded them straight from ATI site. If you mean hacked Win2003 copy, then no, staraight from Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom