cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh. . im so confused this makes no sense the processor and im relitively clean of spyware and stuff . . so why the shoddy slow comp?!?! .. this is problem has stummped me 4 almost a month now . .o0o 1 more thing , will100%cpu usage do any long term damge to the internal components of the computer?

crayon said:
ahhh. . im so confused this makes no sense the processor and im relitively clean of spyware and stuff . . so why the shoddy slow comp?!?! .. this is problem has stummped me 4 almost a month now . .o0o 1 more thing , will100%cpu usage do any long term damge to the internal components of the computer?

3Ghz isn't "shoddy" at all. That's a pretty good CPU you have. The problem is most likely a software thing.

Running at 100% CPU usage should not cause any damage, as CPUs are designed to run at full load.

reload is tough on a newb. press ctrl+alt+delete once click "task manager" click the processes tab near the top then click cpu to sort by cpu usage. now start a game that doesn't run full screen and watch the list, what process is using the most cpu time?

limewire and ut2k4 were loadin the main ammounts. . they were both pushin out 60,000+ . . .

limewire may be the issue, shut it down and try again. It is not suposed to use that much memory.

ok ill try that this problem is buggin me so any suggestions will be taken accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom