Insane Case of the year award goes to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
senseless said:
Not everyone can afford an iso booth. Plus, microphones are so sensitive anymore that it could probably still pick up sounds from outside the booth. Some artists record their own music, you'll notice a constant humm during their music. That would be the sound of fans spinng in a computer.

The spinning hum, I'm sorry, but thats ridiculous. Thats not even a thing. Recordings are not picked up from inside the computer, they are picked up by microphones outside of the computer. And there is little to no noise interference with computer parts, they are all very well sheilded.
You can easily extract individual sounds from a recording, and a fan hum would be the utmost of easy to take out. Since tracks are illustrated as sine waves, a fan hum would be a constant straight line, occasionally going up or down. It would be one of the easiest tracks to identify and pull.
And if they can afford that case, they can afford a soundproof room.

Abercrombie said:
I could build that for like 100 dollars.....

Be my guest, do it up and sell me it. ;)

Originally posted by HAVOK2K5
You would need a huge tube of AS5 just to get that think up and running.

Well, if someone can afford the $1200 for the case, than I think they can afford the $50 for the massive amount of AS5 they're going to need. :p

I suppose that is really just for people who are anal about sound, or want somethign completely different. I'm willing to bet that it is Zalman's attempt at creating a passive cooling craze in the computer mod scene.

I am aLL about the truth over here!!!

BTW: Grim, your avatar, has to be the biggest burn on Intel I have ever seen. Good job, excellent job as a matter of fact. Very subtle. :cool:

Mic's are sensitive, I crank up an SM-58 and I can hear people walking around 100 feet away

And the studio parts, soundproof rooms are not 100% soundproof, their's a recordng somewhere where you can hear a gunshot in the studio, forgot the record.

And computer's are super huge ass noisy in audio terms. Many many dollars are put into getting great soundcards to try to avoid these problems, great power filtering and great power supply's.

SM58 is a tight microphone, my brother is all about those. Actually, I think he is about th 57, but it's one of the two.

I know computers are super noisy in audio terms, but not enough to leave feedback on tracks. To be able to hear the spinning of the fans and to even leave them on a track if they are there? Ridiculous.

I'll bet I can find out which recording it is, I'll ask my buddy. He knows everything. :cool:

I suppose that is really just for people who are anal about sound, or want somethign completely different. I'm willing to bet that it is Zalman's attempt at creating a passive cooling craze in the computer mod scene.
I'm surprised at how many people don't seem to understand that these kinds of cases and systems are quite common, and there is plenty of demand for them.

Though this is probably one of the first public-market oriented model I've seen, if you step outside of the closed-minded "all computer components are for home geeks" mentality, you'll realize the demand.

Laboratories, research-facilities, hospitals and medical centers, sound-sensitive test facilities, offices requiring low noise polution, and many more places have demand for things like this.

And I'm surprised how many people missed the home application for this kind of thing. ie - the home theater system, which is where these things really shine in the home. There's nothing worse than having a computer-driven multimedia setup, with a computer that has its fans running while yer trying to listen to a movie or music.

Anyway, this case does have a lot of limitations. You all should read some reviews. This case is particularly under-powered, and while its cooling was great for chips over a year and a half old, it can't hold up to many of the newest chips out. It is terrible for over-clocking high-end chips (even those it was designed to work for at the high-end), and most importantly, it's very crampt inside! These kinds of case systems are notorious for not accepting large video cards and PCI cards, and blocking card slots on the motherboard, limiting the number of components you can cram into it. Oh, and it only supports one CPU...SOL for you dual-chip folks.

You know what? I didnt even think of that. A home theatre system in one of these cases would be ideal, because, as you said, there is nothing worse than the sound from a movie being drowned out by the annoying whirr from case fans. My computer is my TV and I have quite a few case fans, and, take it from me first hand, that noise SUCKS!

The case does seem very limited. If you have a peice that wont agree with the case, your screwed. Gotta get a new peice that will agree with it. Kinda restrictive to the modder.

When I was thinking about offices I was only thinking server rooms, because I'm in my office right now, and figured that it is really cold in there so they wouldnt need one of those. It's like a constant 50-60F in there. Thats rather nippy.

dude, who really cares about noise...
Sh!t, I do. However, you wouldn't know it by the sound of my current computer. My next phase is to quiet the biotch down! The worst on the P4 system is the stock HSF, that thing just hums.

ShoobieRat, I completely see your point as far as commercial uses, but for home uses it seems a bit extreme. You can make a near silent computer without such a case pretty easily.

REcording Hum.......FYI

Having recorded 7 CD's in a "Home Studio" with my noisy puter running in the backgournd, it does produce "Hum". However, Nativie Instruments Waves 5.0 Platinum and Abode Audtion 1.5 software removes it all to pristine clarity!! Other than frank knocking and banging, you can master noisy tracks down to "clean" with expensive mastering software as mentioned above. If you've heard "Noisy" recordings it is because you are listening to a recording eningeering noobie! But....If you have more than 8 live tracks and hum you may wind up with some noise. The more noisy tracks cause background noise to increase during track mixdown. I have found that after about 8 tracks with "noise" the mixdown does start to degrade. It depends upon alot of other factors too. EQ, Pan, Balance and input amplitude + a whole bunch of other stuff such as Phase reverse and MIC manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom