2 Monitors output - DUal display

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
hi,

I just got a 17" monitor from my friend, and i wish to set up dual monitor . but i dont know how to do it ./

The video card i using is Asus V9520 magic - which has only VGA, S-Video out and TV out , so i ask u guy is it possible to get a adapter or cable that will convert TV out or S-Video out ->VGA out ?

thanks - sorry if got someone ask this before

buy another video card. You will need a PCI card since i am sure that your taking up your AGP slot. Then plug the other monitor into that card and bam.

Dual cards are better as far as Im concerned. I am using an ATI Sapphire 2800 Dual (256DDR) and it works awesome.

hi, yes now i dont think is possible to change the TV out to VGA .
but i dont know how to set up if i use 2 graphic cards- now i using my Asus V9520 to 15" TFT - if i buy another PCI graphic card - wat should i do after connect it to my extra17" monitor??
pls advise - thanks

from what I know, u need a dual display OS (XP for what I am using), 2 video card (1 AGP+1 PCI or 2 PCIs) or 1 dual display video card (which is quite rare and not practical)

hook up your video cards in their PCI or AGP slots depends on what you got, install the drivers, and then u should see 2 monitor when you go to your display setting, done :)

hope it helps

from another forum people told me that impossible to get dual display by buying a new PcI graphic card . he said only one of monitor will display.

currently my ACG(asus V9520 FX5200) connected to my 15" TFt , now my plan is buy a cheap PCI video card and connect it to my 17" CRT monitor. Is a good idea ?

Put the 17 incher to your main video card. Unless it has horrible performance.

It is a good idea. However, I may suggest that you stick with the same brand of video card. Use all NVidia. I say this because I've heard bad things about driver conflicts.

And the other fourms guy has no clue what he is talking about.

Oh, and to the other guy who posted that dual video card output cards are rare: that was true about a year ago. I do not know of any card made by NVidia or ATI in the past year that does not support dual video. The problem usually is getting a DVI to VGA adaptor.

You are correct in your statement, however, that they are impractical: my 6600GT is hooked up to a TV and a monitor, and when you play a full screen application (such as doom, farcry, anything without a minimize/maximize button), the unused screen funks out.

Good luck my friend, with your dual screen adventure. I've heard some horror stories with AGP+PCI... atleast a single card is easy.

Try it out and ask when you get an error. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom