What a difference a Rear fan Makes

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHAWN said:
I dont know what my rig runs at but i have 2 80mm fans in the rear, 1 on the door, 2 in the front and one 92mm pointing down from my PSU. All I know is that when i touch my hard drives and under the heatsink, its warm not hot. I can hold my fingers there for as long as i wanted to.

I don't think any hard drive will get hot enough to burn yourself on.

Snump said:
I don't think any hard drive will get hot enough to burn yourself on.

Oh, I beg to differ. Hard drives can get quite hot, and they can also burn themselves out if they get too hot. It's not difficult to cool them, usually a standard case fan is more than sufficient, but it is possible that they can get very hot. On a server especially, when they are running at full throttle for an extended period of time.

Him said:
Oh, I beg to differ. Hard drives can get quite hot, and they can also burn themselves out if they get too hot. It's not difficult to cool them, usually a standard case fan is more than sufficient, but it is possible that they can get very hot. On a server especially, when they are running at full throttle for an extended period of time.

Oh, servers... yeah. Forgot abot them.

I need a rear fan, but my parents don't allow me. I don't know why, maybe it's because it already creates a thunder of noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom