spoolsv.exe taking too much computer memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I have this question about this file called spoolsv.exe, some people were complaining of this file taking up too much memory and slowing they're computer down. Everytime they would have to press crtl alt del, to turn it off, and in 5 mins its comes back and slows down the computer. What does this spoolsv.exe do and what can you do to prevent it from taking so much memory and slowing the computer down?

spoolsv.exe is a Microsoft Windows system executable which handles the printing process to your local printers. Note: spoolsv.exe is also a process which is registered as the Backdoor.Ciadoor.B Trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately

It sounds like you might have a virus..

Well thats not whats happening in my computer, spoolsv.exe is running in mine but it doesn't take up memory. Its just people told me that its slowing their computer down.

It's in mine too...could you guys suggest a program to remove this troublesome process? (Ad-aware doesn't remove it, neither does anti-spyware beta)

spoolsv.exe

My problem too.Takes all the CPU processing power.Is it a virus?My guess is it's printer related.
Would firewall allow Trojan?And AVG?

It should be using under 5 meg of memory

No spoolsv, no printing, even to remote printers

Thanks LoTex,reassuring, that it's not a virus.I'm not sure how to set to manual. What I do now is just click on spoolsv.exe in Task Mngr and 'end process'.But of course it comes back later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom