GPU Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mujuro

Solid State Member
First off, I have an AMD Athlon XP 1800+, GeForce FX 5200, and 512MB (recognized as 480MB, though). I just picked up a new motherboard that has an AGP slot, and I was wondering, what graphics card should I purchase that will not be bottlenecked by my processor, thus obtaining maximum performance in terms of graphical performance?

i do not know about your graphics but your ram should show up as 512 it does not have a formatted cappacity like hard drives.

uhhh pretty much any new and half way decent graphics card is going to be bottlenecked by the rest of your system.......and going to a lower end card that technically matches the 'era' in which your computer is from doesn't 'maximize graphical performance'

You simply gotta get a good card and play "catch up" with the rest of your system......or do the system first then the card

Nubius said:
uhhh pretty much any new and half way decent graphics card is going to be bottlenecked by the rest of your system.......and going to a lower end card that technically matches the 'era' in which your computer is from doesn't 'maximize graphical performance'

You simply gotta get a good card and play "catch up" with the rest of your system......or do the system first then the card
corect beat me to it.

Turn off onboard video. Then you will get the full 512. Look in the bios.

I jsut got my video card but now i need a motherboard. My agp slot is only 4x and the card can use 8x. Your always catching up with something.

you could try overclock your card a little, otherwise just keep it how it is...

if you can save up some money, like $500 or something, we could help you build a nice computer... not 6800GT or something, but you could play Doom 3 on it at 0k quality...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom