Corsair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question doesnt have to do with this post but maybe someone can anwer this i just ordered a pair of xms dual channel and i was wondering can you run dual channel with 3 stick of ram? if not what would be better 1gb dual channel or 1.5gb not dual channel.

Thats a good question Abercrombie, pretty sure dual channel only means 2 sticks of Ram. I've never heard of anybody using three sticks and calling it dual channel in these fourms. What kind of Mobo do you have? I'm guessing your mobo can take advantage of dual channel memory Ram,right? Why do one or the other? (1gb dual vs. 1.5gb not dual) If your computer can use dual channel ,do that and also put in another .5gb as well. I could be totally wrong on this but i'm sure someone else on this board can sort that out for you.hope this helps

Seems like you might be able to if you had 3 sticks set up like 1 GB in one channel, and 2 512 MB in the other channel. That way they're each 1 GB. I don't really know for sure though.

Somebody was having a problem earlier with RAM in dual channel. Was it Him? Maybe not... but they couldn't get their 3 sticks of 256 and 1 stick of 512 to all work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom