Best custom Windows disk program

Status
Not open for further replies.
worked pretty nice, other than the fact that I think i removed too much from server 2003 because when i started adding server roles and such it kept asking for the cd, but o well, nice program, also did wat it said it would

Removing components and things you don't need will probably only make it more stable, but you have to be careful of what you remove because if you don't know what you are doing you might remove some functionalities that you would rather have. To start simple I would just remove all the languages besides english, remove windows messenger, integrate sp2, remove the old drivers and stuff like that. The descriptions on most of the things are very helpful.

yes, they are very helpful, im just not as familiar with server as i am with like 2k pro or the home/office version of windows, I only use my server for file sharing and print sharing and a few other things just to expiriment.

I just finished my new XP CD, downsized it from 488mb to 295.91 but add SP2 so now the total size it 656.6mb. Will install tonight and see how it works.

I integrated SP2 prior to removing components. I think that makes the most sense, considering you might have just added back half of the stuff you removed. I got mine down to 288megs and I didn't think I was being too liberal with removing stuff either. I think you could get a lot lower than 656 megs. Some of the people on MSFN forums got xp down to under 200 megs lol.

Also, new version has been released!!!

Oh and I haven't tried this for myself yet but this looks really sweet. After you integrate SP2 you can easily integrate all the post SP2 hotfixes so you won't have to go through windows update. And it is supported by nlite for super-easy integration!!!

check it out

http://ryanvm.msfn.org/updatepack.html

This was 99% successful. All that I'm missing in msconfig. I cant type it in the run box but I have a msconfig utility that I can run, it's an emergency utilitie. It works just fine but I just cant type it in. It's not big deal but would like to have it back. This wasnt to bad.

I think I heard something about that. I'm not sure if he just fixed it in the latest release or not though. On the forums they were talking about manually copying it over.

if you have the app, i think you just copy it over to the windows folder or the windows\system32 folder, does anyone know this for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom