New AGP To PCI-E adapter card!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah nice!!

great find Nubius...

i was starting to kick myself for purchasing that ol' AGP card and mobo...but now i see i may still have a future yet!!

i can still get some life out of my AGP card for a little bit yet...

now......if only i can find someone to buy my Asus A8V deluxe board...

hmmm... I'm thinking about the actually height of this bridge and a current AGP card.

Think about the size of a PCI slot on the back of a PC case. It's just big enough to fit the end of a single card. Now add that AGP to PCIx bridge to it. Now your adding another what 2-3 Inches? How will that fit? In one of my cases i don't use screws to facen the PCI cards, i have a special plastic bracket the clips down over all of the cards and holds then in place.

I'm not sure how this might fit a lot of cases... hmmm... i'd like to see some size specs...

yeah my case is the same havoc, with the plastic clips.....oh well, I'll spend $5 modding my case so that I don't have to spend $100 n trying to sell my AGP card for cheaper than I bought it then have to turn around and buy a more expensive PCI-E couter part

doesn't matter, you were gonna go 6800GT regardless
Sshhhh. :D

I was actually originally planning to wait for the G70 to come out which would result in massive price drops of the 6800GT but I've gotten sick of waiting for things. ;)

Hmm, anyone know where this can be bought??

What happens if you don't have a small video card like they show in the picture??

This would be really handy for me while I am in wait for the next generation of video cards...

Anyone know??

Thanks

Yan

i dont know, id be real uncomfortable with that in my case. its a bit like those massive heatsinks...

Hope it works, and nice find!

don't even know if it's out yet or not........my 6800GT with the MAZE4 on it is pretty heavy as it is......I couldn't imagine it being taller and then even more weight would be off it's center of gravity and it'd seem like it'd just want to snap that board that fits into the PCI-E slot..........I'd love to have one though assuming my card still fit in my case and it worked 100% without any loss in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom