How do I fix an dell bios Password?

Status
Not open for further replies.
derrmc said:
there's a password jumper on the mobo. remove it

I look for a cmos clearer. I didn't see it. there is a jumper with 2 pins there though. is this what you talking about removing?

EricB said:
I look for a cmos clearer. I didn't see it. there is a jumper with 2 pins there though. is this what you talking about removing?

look for "pswd" by the jumper

ok. this isn't my computer. this is a friend. I am going over to see if that's it

bronxblaza117 said:
yea if u read ur dell manual, it says reset bios through cmos and that would clear passwords...

you are going to get in trouble with that signature. A lot of people with this sig has had their sig privilegdes stripped

I'm not sure if you can use that with a floppy, never used it. Also, I tried Powermax floppy, I didnt see any different using it than using Windows 98 bootdisk. The jumper will be close to the cmos battery.

I got a dell diminsion 8100 that I'm working on with the same problems and taking the jumper off completely did the trick.

thanks guys

Well you can try to pull the CMOS battery on the motherboard, but if you do not want to open the case and possibly void the warranty, than try this:

pull it for five minutes and it will reset the password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom