What ya guys/gals think about this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David2004

In Runtime
What do you guys think about this thermaltake case :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133105

It is aluminum for less heat issues, it also has 7 case fans, but i saw a review and it said that the fans hardly move any air at all, does anyone have one of this case and like to comment on the air flow from these fans? I want to know, because im building another computer soon(not for me, for a friend), or is there a better case for its price range? thx

edit : whats the difference between USB2.0 and USB because he has a pair of plantronics 500 DSP USB. Will they be ok witht he USB2.0 thx again

With 7 80mm fans, seems like it'd be slightly loud, even though the one review said the loudest thing you hear is the power supply.

The fans hardly move any air eh? This would either be because there aren't holes for it to pull in or push air out of the case (and I'm pretty sure I saw holes) OR the placement of the fans is crap. When you get it, if you aren't sure whether it'll move air well or not, make sure you have a good ratio of intake to exhaust fans. Keep it as close to 1:1 as possible (with 7 fans it'll obviously be 3:4 or 4:3). You'll want the back and the top for exhaust and the front and the side for intake. Also, if there are fans at the bottom, you'll want those set to intake also. Seems kinda weird to say that the fans don't give good airflow. Seems like the actual airflow would depend on how the fans are placed in the case. Maybe he just had the placement goofed up.

usb headphones sux ass

oh, and yes it will work

USB2.0= USB except it's like 10 times faster i think

I have a coolermaster case with seven 80mm fans, and i would suggest finding a case with 120mm fans. 120mm can spin slower but move the same amout of air, which means less noise. That is what i am looking for when i build my next pc.

What case would you guys recommend for gaming for under $150.00 . With some good fans, and where can you put more fans? i cant see where you can add fans to a case.

It says extended ATX for the mobo compatibility? what does that exactly mean?

Any other cases that you guys like for gaming?

I have the Aspire X Navigator... nice and keeps everything cool. There are 4 80mm fans, and a big 120mm fan on the side that blows right on your graphics card and partly on your processor fan (feeding it cooler air). However, I had to do a slight mod to get the side fan turned around... no biggy though, just some rubber washers and long skinny screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom