windows xp system logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
I was wondering, I seen my friends computer, it was a MDG.

Anyways, i went into control panel > systems >general

in general it shows the computer specs, processor, speed, memory ect..

But aswel, underneith the picture of the monitor, there was a MDG logo, i was curious how they did that.

Anyone have a clue where i can find out how to do somethin like that?

that small pic is a 256 color bitmap and its named 'oemlogo.bmp'. if your on xp, the files in your \windowsdirectory\system32\ if you on 98/me (lol) its in \windir\system\

open it and change it, if you have no pic just make a 176x120 256 color bmp.

the support text you see is in oeminfo.ini

I use a program called OEMLogo for my client's PCs. There are several different small programs that do this for you (short of creating your logo). Do a google search and you should have no problem finding one. You just have to create a logo and call it oemlogo.bmp. The program that I use actually resizes the logo to best fit. Then it has a GUI to allow you to enter in the Support info.

-Michael

ok i just want to make sure this is clear what im talking about, check out the attatched picture.

jus wanna make sure bfeore i start downloading somethin

logo suppose to be in the circle labled "Logo Here!"

Attachments

• desk2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 23
Yes, that's it. The app. that I have also edits the section to the right of the logo and places a "Support Information" button over there. When you click it you have about 10 extra lines to input your contact info.

-Michael

but the program, does it make a file i just insert into the windows directory?
because i work as a pc technician and i want it so whatever customer buys a new copy of win xp, i just like insert 2 files, and it would appear.

yes spfd we are all talking about the same thing. you dont need to bother w/another silly lamo application, its easy and u can do it yourself manually.:)

just create or crop a small pic and save it in your windows\system32 dir as oemlogo.bmp like i said. now its suppose to be 176x120pix if yours is larger the pic will just be displayed in the center w/the edges cropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom