Speaker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmey

Baseband Member
Does anyone have an idea of what this message means, i'm trying to get my speaker to work...thanks

---------------------------
Windows Error
Windows cannot execute SndVol32.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install.
OK

it means that windows could not find the file sndvol32.exe and it wants you to install it. I beleive that is the system volume control app so that means that somthing is not installed correctly. What are your system specs?

daappleby is exactly right the SndVol32.exe command line executable brings up the Windows native audio volume and mixer control.

What version of windows are you running?

try this:

START > RUN > TYPE: sndvol32.exe > HIT ENTER

See if your volume control panel opens.

Post results.

yes it is the volume control...i'm using windows xp professional and trying to get my right speaker working but to no avail.

ok. Try this.

EDIT (thanks) lol : Go to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

Look for the sndvol32.exe

Copy that file and paste it.
Delete the original sndvol32.exe
rename the copy of sndvol32 to sndvol32.exe

That should fix your problem.

Post results.

one speaker doesn't work but the other does? There are a lot of possible reasons for that, if you have headphones try them and see if they work on both sides. The sound card could have crapped out, the one speaker could be blown, the drivers for the sound card could be corrupted, there could be another ap that is already using the sndvol program...on and on and on..

i found the file and hit enter and the thing came up....but i don't know where to paste the file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom