RAM with TCCD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have some pc3200 rev 2's that i purchased april 18th from newegg, any idea what those would be?

I think they were still using the TCCD's then, but I could be wrong.

They are TCC5. There are even rumors that they were never TCCD to begin with... You can always take off the heat spreader to find out for sure. Also, I have a question, why would Samsung discontinue TCCD? It probably made them a lot of money, so why discontinue it?

They aren't discontinuing it, read what I said above. Those they were never TCCD rumours are utter bollocks as you can easily pull off the heatspreaders and see if they're TCCDs (edit - I see you mentioned that already, odd I didn't see it =/), and I don't think such a widespread lie would take off anyways.

Rev2s using TCC5 can be determined by looking for a "v1.1" stamped very small in the corner of the labels on the heatspreaders.

Discontinue it in favor of a newer and better technology. TCC5 are prolly cheaper to manufacture. OCZ has said that they believe the TCC5's will work better than the TCCD's.

everyone seemed to manage to catch the whole 'NO MORE TCCD' article, but no one seemed to catch the "NO MORE TCCDS WAS A LIE" article.....I posted it shortly after that whole little episode......right after that a bunch of brand name companies like OCZ, Patriot, even corsair and kingston at the time (kingston now uses BH-5s in the hyperX) all had said they had heard no such thing and that the TCCDs were no where near in short demand.....seems like it was mainly a marketing ploy.

Anywho, a list like this has been posted numerous times and it'll never get stickied, mainly because only like 4 people here even know about the different RAM IC's to begin with.

Anywho, a list like this has been posted numerous times and it'll never get stickied, mainly because only like 4 people here even know about the different RAM IC's to begin with.

Thats true. That also goes along the same lines as making an advanced section. I can safely say that I am a RAM IC n00b.

There is "A LOT" of technical aspects of RAM that just baffles me.
There is SOOO much to every PC component, i'm glad that I know what I know, because it's hardly anything...

003 said:
They are TCC5. There are even rumors that they were never TCCD to begin with... You can always take off the heat spreader to find out for sure. Also, I have a question, why would Samsung discontinue TCCD? It probably made them a lot of money, so why discontinue it?

BH-5's suck for AMD; just because you think it's the best doesn't mean it's the best

btw, 99.9%+ of the ram that are sold are just random cheap generic ram and non-tccd ram

less than 0.01% of the ram sold are to people who KNOW what tccd's are AND can afford them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom