ATIRAGEPRO's new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since your keep your computers SOO long, you should get PCI-E, as nubius said it is devoted towards graphics cards

And the AV8 3rd eye is the worst board for overclocking, I can't raise my FSB 1mhz with PCI lock on, and have the ability to play games.

DFI lanparty, 6600gt and a 3200 venice is a lovely combination. Or if you are not desperate for a pc now, the new GPU's are worth a look at if they are not too pricey, but even if they are, the 6800gt would be alot cheaper.

edit: I would wait anyway, if you can afford it get one of the new series from either ATI or nvidia, or get a 6800gt.

PCI-E is solely for graphics cards and the quadros are not good for gaming at all. If Ironcad is your type of game then go for it :p but if you REALLY wanna spend that kinda money on a video card then you could always get 2 6800GTs in SLI lol.

I'm confused, $1000 for a video card or a whole computer? If it's for a video card wait a few months and get two x900 xt pe's in crossfire.

dale5605 said:
I'm confused, $1000 for a video card or a whole computer? If it's for a video card wait a few months and get two x900 xt pe's in crossfire.

For once I agree with dale! If ATI gets their problems with the x900xt worked out...its going to pwn the 7800 series from Nvidia. Wait and get 2 X900XTs...that will be sweet!

but from what we've all been seeing ATI has had alot of troubles so keep your mind open on both companies like im doing. i wont say whos better till i see some REAL benchies and in-game screenies. But i to agree w/ dale if ATi gets their shit together then the X900XT PE will pwn.

I honestly hope they do get it together, because it will be awesome to have a card with the kind of power the X900XT is supposed to have. But it will be best to wait a while after the cards come out before making a decision, because even this generation, the X800s pwned at first because of driver problems with the 6800 series.

then it turned around. that and if i recall ppl where saying the same thing about the X8** series pwning the 6*** series before they came out as well. so like i said, we will see.

"We drop KIDNEYS..."

You mean, Some of these things aren't even out yet? :( How long would i have to wait for the X900? :confused: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom