Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomW

In Runtime
Hi, Anyone have any suggestions for a basic low cost router to work with a SB4100 cable modem? There will be only 2 PCs on it. Both PCs have ethrnet cards installed already. Thanks, Tom W

Yes, I agree....
I would normally say Linksys for a SoHo LAN environment due to the functionality you can get out of the routers, however right now D-Link has incredible deals....Their D-604 model is $45 and has all the functionality you'd need within a tight (8-workstation or less or so) setup like Remote management, unlimitied port forwarding, etc.

-Michael

I use the Linksys Wireless Router but it sounds like the boys have a liken for the D-Link.

I have Lynksys wireless at my house and my cousin has a Dlink network at his. Either are good but for the prices i would go with Dlink now too.

I have the D-link 604, running 3 putes off it. Cost me$50 cdn at Radio Shack, had trouble setting it up for the main computer, their tech line helped me set it up, the other two were easy just read the faq on their website for info if you purchace one of these...works great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom