Corsair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite frankly, if you're buying RAM, you're either gonna run it at stock speeds, or you're gonna be striving for a 1:1 ratio with your FSB as you overclock your CPU. There is no half way pitstop, it's either one or the other.

Frankly, XMS as far I am concerned is expensive value RAM, you sure as hell won't see it hitting 300MHz, it doesn't like as much vDIMM as other chips, and it simply can't keep up past 250MHz. As far as value RAM goes, I could care less what you purchase so long as it is not low latency TCCDs or something ridiculous like that. Waste of money.

Anyways, all I'm getting at is Corsair aren't made to overclock, and can't hold a candle next to Patriot, G.Skill, PQI or OCZ.

You're going overkill getting expensive XMS low latency chips to run stock speeds with no real world gains over value RAM, and you're putting the last nail in the 1:1 coffin if you buy this stuff and want any decent overclocking results.

It's not because I hate it, it's because it's been stastically proven that A) low latency memory has little to no effect on bandwidth and B) Corsair cannot overclock if their life depended on.

lol i thought this whole post was a waste of a lot of time and then i read vaderpro's sig. 'what would I know, I bought a Pentium" Dude don't be discouraged by what people say on here AMD doesn't kick Pentiums ass.

Corsair might not be the best overclocking ram but it is great ram. It is the most reliable ram out there, and has good low latency. Running at stock speed I love my corsair ram, I have overclocked on the ram, it ain't too bad. If you are going for a serious overclock they might not keep up but I mean they are plenty good for the average user.

I don't need any serious O.C on my current PC. All i need/want is to get my Intel from 2.4GHz to 3.0GHz and i'll be happy as a pig in $h1t.

Garra- Corsair XMS isn't value ram.
Nick - Thanks for pointing out this thread is "a waste of time". I was looking for opinions, not crappy side remarks.

the best value RAM u can get - assuming u wont be OCing is twinMOS. Great stuff

only reason i got my XMS Pro was through a free upgrade. its better than geil value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom