Corrupted Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
So yeah... I used to be able to overclock just fine, but now when I do it something weird happens.

You know that screen that comes up when you add new hardware? It lists all of your hardware etc. I believe it also comes up when you reset your BIOS and it has to detect everything again.

Anyway, now when I overclock that screen comes up and all it says is AMD Athlon 64 3000+ and at the bottom it says something like "Press Del to enter setup, press F11 to enter boot screen." Enter boot screen!? I don't know if you've noticed, but usually when it does this check, it says to either hit Del, or F1 to continue. So anyway, I hit Del, but nothing happens. It freezes at this screen. All it shows is my damn processor and nothing else, and the screen is locked up. I can't even enter BIOS to change anything back, and I am forced to reset my motherboard again. ARGH. Any ideas about what is wrong?

You've most likely corrupted files on your drive, whether it be drivers or the boot sector I don't know. You clearly didn't give something enough juice though, or your power supply is crap. You'll most likely have to reset or clear the CMOS.

Originally posted by gaara
You'll most likely have to reset or clear the CMOS.
tried that... several times. Used the jumpers on the motherboard too. Maybe I'll try it again. Any other suggestions?

Pull out the CMOS battery and let it clear. Sounds more like a corrupted BIOS now, you can try flashing a new BIOS otherwise perhaps you should RMA you board.

Yanking the battery fixed it? Thats some good news from your end, huh?

It is possible to corrupt Windows whilst overclockig. As Gaara said, I believe it is because you dont give something enough juice. Whatever the case, I dont know how or why, but I know it happens. Couldnt tell you how to avoid it either. Well than, this was a completely useless post on my part. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom