help with OC'ing a 2600+ XP-M

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, im with ya so far, it all makes sense. just one thing you didnt answer. what is a small, safe OC to start from. surely i dont have to start from pure stock(133x14@1.45v) or did you mean something like (200x10@1.45v)

oh and if i use the d26 by tictac. should i go with CPC on/off?

CPC off = Command Rate of 2T with RAM
CPC on = 1T command rate

You will go higher with 2T so I suggest that...it also does something else besides simply the command rate, but in terms of higher OC that's the best way to look at it.

Regarding the OC.....start off with stock clock speed....so just do the 200x10 because it's pointless to start at 133....your chip WILL do 200x10 theres no doubt about that, so thats where you need to start from...

im going to load that bios but i dont know what to open the file with

ive never updated BIOS before. is there anything i need to know?

you don't open it with anything, use the ABit flash utility that comes with the CD that comes with the motherboard, then use the "update from file" option, then locate the BIOS ROM and the utility will do the rest.

do i need to change the CPU to FSB ratio to anything?

im using your suggested 2.5-3-3-7 timings while OCing the multi

How much have you read into overclocking yet man? You sound like you're very unsure and new to this in which I'd suggest you do a lot more reading before you just go diving into this. I only say this because some of the questions you are asking are covered in most basic OC'ing guides.....have you read the guide that's at the top of this section yet? You should start there and google up some more information where as needed because the last thing you want is to go adjusting things in which you don't fully understand their effect and render your computer useless.

yes, i have read up on OCing i just havent understood everything about it. its starting to make more sense as you explain more and more. what i havent grasped mostly is the ratios and alot of BIOS configs are different on ppl's comps. so i was just wanting to know if auto was best for OCing or if i should just define it myself for OCing purposes

right now im at 200x13@1.925v and i dont think im gonna go past 1.95 for stability. im thinking about trying the merlin drivers while at 1.925 cause it boots up just with errors on prime95

200x12.5@1.775v booted up without errors and made it through 5min. of prime95 so im going to settle for that so now im just gonna start running prime95 longer to find the best voltage before i drop the multi and find a good FSB

have a little faith man. i got this ;O

I'd say you're basically at your limit.....my limit was 2.7GHz with 1.975Vcore.

the only ratios in there are your CPU/DRAM ratio and the then sometimes they show a ratio for the AGP bus, but more times than not it simply lets you set it to 66MHz like it should be..

You only need to adjust your CPU/DRAM ratio once you start going above 200 and need to leave your RAM continually running at 200.....right now you can choose 3/3, 4/4, 5/5, 6/6 it all is the same as 1:1 ratio which is what you want.

alright, that makes sense. im going to run these setting and start the FSB experiments tomorrow

night man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom