Only 1200 CANADIAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
man i am in a bit of a predictament. My dad is buying us a computer this summer (he has given me the oppertunity to build it) but the only problem is that it is gonna be on a budget of 1200!! I wanted to build a gaming PC capable of playing battle feild 2 (thats the main game) plus stuff like age of empires 3 when it comes out plus world of warcraft ect.

Now 1200 canadian is not a huge amount of money and this is all i could come up with:

DFI Lanparty UT Nforce 4 socket 939-188.99
AMD Athalon 64 3200+ with fan-260.99
EVGA Geforce 6800gt PCI express-465.99
Crosair Dual channel (2x512mb) overclocking Ram ddr400-175.99
Seagate 80 gig hardrive-87.99
Red Dragon case by Ultra w/ 500watt PSU-101.99

That leaves me over budget (total cost 1281.94) plus tax.I dont even know if we need a new monitor all we have is an old monitor from a dell optiplex g1 (its from 1998-1999) it works but it may not be good for games (nto sure if it will ghost)

Also the site (tigerdirect.ca) did nto say what core the AMD was, does it cost more for a venice core? Cause i heard they are good OCing.

And if any one could make me a better one i would appreciate it cuase i onyl have 1200 canadian to work with and i really really want to play battle feild 2 well.

Also it says battle feild 2 reccomends a cpu thats over 2ghz, and the AMD is just above that? Is their any diffrence bewteen the AMD 2ghz and the Intel 2 ghz?? Cause AMD's dont go very high for GHZ wise but their cheaper thats why i got one.

Tigerdirect.ca rebates rarely work and their prices are not that good.

NCIX.COM is a better store for Canadians by far.

You have the right idea, except you can drop down to a 3000+, and the OCZ VX RAM is better for the price.

Also a Thermaltake TT-420AD would be better than that ultra power supply, and you can just bundle it with a cheap case.

Get the cheapest case possible, and later when you want to overclock maybee pick up a new case and heatsink.

Oh yeah, NCIX.COM pricematches, and you save the tax since their out of province.

Another money saving option is to get a 3200+ and the VX, but get a 6600GT instead of a 6800GT. When the new ATI and Nvidia cards come out soon and are a sane price, you can upgrade.

EDIT: AMD's are far better for gaming, a 2GHZ AMD will outpeform 3.4GHZ Intel's for gaming anyday, you can find long explinations of how in different places.

Yeah the 6800 Gt is still very expensive :(.. I might be better to buy a 6600 GT now, and then buy a better card later.. When its cheaper..

DJ-CHRIS said:
Tigerdirect.ca rebates rarely work and their prices are not that good.

NCIX.COM is a better store for Canadians by far.

You have the right idea, except you can drop down to a 3000+, and the OCZ VX RAM is better for the price.

Also a Thermaltake TT-420AD would be better than that ultra power supply, and you can just bundle it with a cheap case.

Get the cheapest case possible, and later when you want to overclock maybee pick up a new case and heatsink.

Oh yeah, NCIX.COM pricematches, and you save the tax since their out of province.

Another money saving option is to get a 3200+ and the VX, but get a 6600GT instead of a 6800GT. When the new ATI and Nvidia cards come out soon and are a sane price, you can upgrade.

EDIT: AMD's are far better for gaming, a 2GHZ AMD will outpeform 3.4GHZ Intel's for gaming anyday, you can find long explinations of how in different places.

isnt that site u mentioned American???

well im also kind of mad at my dad for making budget 1200 so i am gonna make use of the whole 1200, includign an awsome video card.

ncix is canadian.. It runs off BC..

Plus u are forgetting things like sound cards and a good mouse.. Surely, for gaming u want a good mouse? Will set u back 50 bucks..

Chankama said:
ncix is canadian.. It runs off BC..

Plus u are forgetting things like sound cards and a good mouse.. Surely, for gaming u want a good mouse? Will set u back 50 bucks..

Gaming mice can come into play later

Meh.. buddy has a budget.. His dad might not be too happy if he has to go to him next month and ask for a $50 mouse :)..

He'll be like "buoy!.. What's wrong with the $5 mouse you already have :mad:"..

Chankama said:
Meh.. buddy has a budget.. His dad might not be too happy if he has to go to him next month and ask for a $50 mouse :)..

He'll be like "buoy!.. What's wrong with the $5 mouse you already have :mad:"..

i have a job (not a great one) but a job bringin me around 150-200 every 2 weeks, ill buy a damn mouse!plus i have an alright microsoft one right now (optical). Now any waysave talked my dad up to around 1500 and i may pitch some money, this is what i got from the site u gave me chris:

for 1584:

AMD 3000+ venice core
DFI lanparty UT Nforce 4
OCZ value Series Ram (2x 1 gig) ddr400 (2 gig ram)
EVGA Geforce 6800 ultra 256mb pci-express card
Seagate 80gb hardrive
sony 52x CD Rom
17 inch LG Flatform monitor
And some frigging pci 40 dollar 4 channel sound card.
It does not look to bad, i think this comp could run battlefeild 2 pretty well. The only thing i have doubts on is the CPU, its only a 3000+.

Also could some one tell me, is this comp upgradable, like in a year and a half could i buy new stuff for it (becouse im using socket 939 ect) or would i have to buy a whole new pc? Am i setting my self up for the future as well?

Thanks boys.

Yeah easily upgradeable

a 6800 Ultra is NOT WORTH IT AT ALL, also what case and PS come with that?

Personally i would get a 6600GT as it plays current games, and a 6800GT / Ultra will not play next generation games as well

DJ-CHRIS said:
Yeah easily upgradeable

a 6800 Ultra is NOT WORTH IT AT ALL, also what case and PS come with that?

Personally i would get a 6600GT as it plays current games, and a 6800GT / Ultra will not play next generation games as well

The only reason i went with the 6800 is cause EA reccomends a 256mb video card for battle feild 2.

i did some tweaking and i got the same build but i changed to ur reccomendation of the 6600gt and i was able to upgrade to a 3200 venice with that save. Im using a gemini tsunami with a OCZ 520 watt PSU.

But im still worried, that cpu only runs at 2ghz and that the bare min require for BF2.

Also i heard the BF2 only uses AGP cards? is this true? and do i need to change anything for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom