TF Advanced Section Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think it'd get enough traffic as there's only about 5 people who frequent the forums to be considered even close to "advanced" in my opinion. Of course I'd be willing to try it out and see how it goes, and it might attract some crowd and eventually grow. I might even be able to talk to some OCZ reps and get 'em in here with some feedback since they're all over the internet.

As far as the 13-16 year olds, this forum is a fairly basic learning premise so that probably attributes why.

Thumbs up from moi though.

yea my parents dont buy me hardly anything about comps, i just got a job which is enabling my new comp
about that ignorant peopel thing...
well i myself am noob to computers, and i was asking around about processor cores.. juts look:
(me)whats all this talk about processor core? and how can u figure that out if u dont have the processor yet? if u do have the processor?
(not me)San Diego is the best core to get, if you do have the CPU, use CPU-z, if not, hope the site you are buying it from tells you (newegg does).

gaara said:
Don't think it'd get enough traffic as there's only about 5 people who frequent the forums to be considered even close to "advanced" in my opinion. Of course I'd be willing to try it out and see how it goes, and it might attract some crowd and eventually grow. I might even be able to talk to some OCZ reps and get 'em in here with some feedback since they're all over the internet.

As far as the 13-16 year olds, this forum is a fairly basic learning premise so that probably attributes why.

Thumbs up from moi though.

That would be pretty cool if we had some reps. I have seen them at a few sites, and it's kinda nice to get definitive answers on the ol' "Does my RAM have TCCDs, BH-5, blah blah blah."

As for advanced, I know I am not on your list. Hahaha :D. In my opinion, I am still a n00b, regardless of my decent post count:)

here is something to think about:: We all know enough but not enough. Also:: We all are noobs in one way or another. Also:: There is always going to be someone else smarter then you in one way or another. They all are pretty much relateds to each othr but that is what I have to say.

GrimReaper23 said:
here is something to think about:: We all know enough but not enough. Also:: We all are noobs in one way or another. Also:: There is always going to be someone else smarter then you in one way or another. They all are pretty much relateds to each othr but that is what I have to say.

Mr. Reaper, I would like to inquire as to what you meant by that. Obviously we are all n00bs in one way or another, and obviously there are people smarter than us. There always is. What does that have to do with an advanced section? An advanced section like the one in question would be the best possible way to attract these smarter p[eople to out forum. I never said I was the smartest, if I did I was just being a wiseass, but I did say that I was starting to outgrow to outgrow this forum, and my knowledge was starting to engulf topics not discussed on this forum. I would like to be challenged greatly at this forum, with thigns that I really dont know anything about. I can go to XS and read all day long about stuff that I havent the slightest CLUE on. That is all I'm proposing.

Been in contact with Larry, he seems to be digging the idea. I hope it sees the light of day!

Alright, i have to acknowledge this post right here:

GageMW said:
ok, here's your chance to show your maturity.
This seams like a sympathy rant to me.
Yes you are right there are some very immature people here, and others that aren't.
All you have to do to spark an interest in more advanced things is post in depth information about what you want to do, with maybe a link or two, and people will flock to help you with it (usually)
and yes there are some misconceptions about technology,
but many here (myself included) take that as a personal insult,
and it would be the adult thing to do to offer an apology in case you offended someone.

Apparently you are not really liking the idea of this section. Maybe you think it will be treated as a section only for 'advanced' members and if you are not one of these you should now be in there, who knows. Well, you are wrong. This will be a section for people to discuss things that arent being discussed. I cannot post things about stuff that isnt already on this site, I get yelled at. I posted a guide on protecting condensation, and a member came in giving me crap about how useless this information is and it is a waste of his time to read it. This has happened to me on more than one occasion. This would simply be a section where I (or other members) could post stuff like that and not get yelled at about it being useless because some people are too stupid to take that information and just know it.

Why did you take that comment about the misconceptions of technology as a personal insult? Sounds to me like you have a guilty consciense, maybe one of these people. The adult[/] thing to do would to NOT bring that up, demanding an apology. Noone directed that comment towards you, therefore noone has to apologize to you.

I think you will just feel stupid if we put up this topic, and it is not the intention of this topic to make people feel stupid. Because someone does not know something does not make them stupid. Someone refusing to learn something DOES make them stupid. Someone who says "I'm not going to learn that, because it is too advanced for me" makes someone stupid. You could at least make the attempt to learn it. Either learn it, or dont. It's all up to what interests you. If someone dosent want to learn something because it bores them, than they arent stupid.

Your post looks like the sympathy rant.

I like how you guys are thinking.

I am definately a noob, so I wouldn't need the advanced section, but I still think it's a great idea for the more advanced members. The problem with some forums, and I don't know how bad this one is about it, is that that some people don't actually have any experience or know about what they are talking about, they just have read what someone has said about it before, and all of the sudden they are the authority on it. I don't know about lots of stuff, therefore I don't give people advice on something I just have read someone else talk about before.

Thats a problem anywhere, regardless of what forum you are in. It happens outside of forums, at work, everywheere. There are always going to be those people who think they are better than the world, and think they are so smart and they known everything about a car because they know how to change the oil. Or know everything about a computer because they know how to install Windows. It's usually pretty easy to pick out these people, what with the absolutely ignorant and idiotic things they say. An advanced section would be beneficial to even n00bs like yourself (I am nto using n00b as a bad term. We were all n00bs at one point or another, you wont be one for long. I was a n00b, but I like to think that i no longer am) because it will introduce them to the more hardcore computer stuff and give them a heads up as to what they are in for. It would be beneficial to all levels of computer people, from the n00biest n00b to the 1337357 h4x0r.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom