server, email, MSN errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I am having a few errors, one of which I didn't write down. I have googled these items and came up with server problems and the like, but no fixes.

First error stopping me from sending and getting any emails through MSN is: Error Code: 0x80072efe

Second error stopping me from updating windows or any other programs is: 0x80072EE2

I hope I can even post this, my other comp refused to post and this comp can't send/recieve emails either.

P.S. MSN and microsoft blows.

This problem is constant almost and eats up a good 6-8 hours a day of being unable to update anything.

that sounds like a virus to me. There is one that causes just those errors, if you have an av scanner try to update it, last I heard the virus diables that too. If that is the case then you need to go to here If you cant get there then you need to format and re-install.

I did use panda's online virus scanner and that didn't find anything, i also spyware and adware scanned. I will try trendmicro. Thanks for the link. I'll try it and get back.

I ran the trendmicro housecall you suggested, and it found nothing.

And by format and reinstall, you mean I have to wipe my drive clean and install XP for the upteenth time?

How about this... Is there a virus removal tool somewhere that removes this very virus that I can download on this comp and then move it to my tainted comp?

i'll try that link next, if that doesn't work, i'll try reinstalling MSN and IE, those are the only browsers on my comp. I like mozilla's firefox and use it often on this computer, so I'll go ahead and download it on my other comp.

so the tool did not find any virus, but asked me if i would like to view some security fixes. i ran microsoft's baseline security analyzer and updated office 2003, upon reboot, everthing works fine.

odd stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom