To all you DFI fanboys (a rant) :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt get the neo2 plat- i got the neo4-F.
Hence why I said "Considering you have an NF4........."

I never said you had the Neo2 Plat, I simply started commenting on MSI's quality boards and the fact that that particular board in it's class is the best OC'er.

abit is the best ocing mobo with intl cpu's. i oced my cpu 700mhz without having to touch my voltages or my ram timings. for amd, it sure as hell sounds like dfi is the king right now.

Him said:
ABit is the one for Intel.
I think Abit is really good but personally for Intels I think ASUS is the very best. They have the top performance features and are very reliable and overclock great I think.

003 said:
Ok, first off, I am in no way trying to say eVGA is a bad brand, but I am saying that is is indeed possible for another brand to be better. For example, eVGA makes a nice PCI-e 6800GT, but so does Leadtek. In my opinion, the one made by Leadtek is better than the one by eVGA, especially for overclocking. The reason for this is because it has a massive all copper heatsink that completely covers not only the GPU, but the RAM and backside as well. It also has dual DVI inputs. Now, it is the only 6800GT that takes up two slots, but it can be overclocked far past ultra speeds, and far past most other 6800GT speeds, including the eVGA one. Leadtek's 6600GT in my opinion is also better than the eVGA 6600GT, because it comes clocked at 550/1120 out of the box. That is a pretty impressive stock overclocking. I know everybody argues that you can easily overclock the eVGA one by yourself, but that voids the warrenty. Flame me if you must, but nothing is going to change the way I feel on this matter.

um if you fck up your card, how would the manufacturer know if you overclocked or not?

I freakin fried my NF7 board doing a volt mod and I got that sucker RMA'd lol........they CANT tell if you've overclocked simple as that....whether it be CPU or video card it's impossible to tell if you've overclocked it with the exception of altering the video cards BIOS so that it starts up at certain frequencies...but I'm pretty sure no one here does that

I fried the board....I did this a while back though.......my shakey hands let the tip of the multimeter touch in between two legs of a MOSFET while testing it's voltage....ZZZZZZZZAP! nice big blue arch and she was dead :D

CPU is fine though and I got the NF7-S v2 replaced, RMA'd it to newegg and I haven't messed with it since :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom