400MHz FSB Volt Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the DFI boards were reaching over 400 though...

Anyways if you want variable resistors, look for ALPS, some of the best quality. P&G is high quality but I am not sure if they make a 25k pot.

You don't have to do a volt mod to go over 400FSB......it'll go over 400FSB anyway, but it's once you start wanting 240+MHz that you'll need more chipset voltage....generally this is assuming you've already maxed out your chipset voltage and still need more, which don't forget to adequately cool the NB with aftermarket cooling...

That's how I fried my NF7 board.......not from the volt mod.....but testing the voltage with my multimeter lol....damn shakey hands let the tip touch two of the legs of the mosfet and ZZZZZZZZZAP! she was gone :(

I was using a pencil method though, not soldering

I'm still using an NF7....I fried that board a few months ago and was lucky enough to get it RMA'd by newegg :p

I can tell it's an earlier board though because it has black dimms compared to all newer NF7's have purple dimms.

and can you do these mods on an AMD system? preferably w/ an NF2ultra400 chipset?
I just said I was doing that mod to an NF7.....and I know you know I have a AMD Mobile chip...so that pretty much answers your question.......if theres hardware, theres a mod for it.

www.vr-zone.com generally has just about every mod you could need/want

and I know you know I have a AMD Mobile chip
yea i know i feel stupid cause of that now. i remebered you had that chip right as i posted it but all well. i got a site out of the dumb question lol. What i was actually refering to though, was can you use those mods from the site him gave on an AMD board?

no, all volt mods are board specific, there are the same mods, but it will require soldering in different places

you don't get performance at all, it's to help increase stability when overclocking beyond the boards set FSB, this applies to socket A boards and intel equivelants, not AMD64s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom