To all you DFI fanboys (a rant) :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lanparty which is availible for Intel platforms, I believe it uses the x915 chip or something similar.

edit - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ce=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=280&Submit=Property

To clarify a few things:

Anyways, the Intels producing less heat is BS, this may have been true with the Athlon XPs and Northwood Pentium 4s, but with Prescotts idling in the 60s and Venices loading in the 30s, I really don't see how you could consider the Intel cooler.

AMD is also generally the better overclocker now IMO, with a variety of mobile chips plus cores which allow higher and higher clock speeds, and DDR1 latency, a 1GHz increase on an AMD chip would most likely stump most Intel chips. And with a Venice and the proper hardware this isn't something that isn't a rare occurance.

As for the DFI/Abit argument, Abit is a good company and uses the same capacitators, but as far as options and configurations go, especially voltage and memory, it can't touch the DFI.

Him said:
BAM!!!

See, what I tell ya? :D

hehe

Nubuis, I think when It comes down to it the two thing I dont like about the DFI board are the Black and Yellow color scheme, and the fact that there are two PCI-E 16x slots on every model. You have to like how it looks and it just doesn't appeal to me, and thats that. :D

As a Abit motherboard owner, I have to say, I really, really, really wish I waited about 3 months for the PCI express, so I could of got a laparty motherboard. On my previous BIOS, my temperaute readings read 12*C, and now on this BIOS, I can not overclock with the PCI lock on, and be stable in games, even 1mhz over my stock 1836mhz would make CS:S not load.

For the DDR voltages, the max (in windows, can't be bothered to go to the BIOS, but it is probally the same,) is 2.8volts. I can put the Vcore to 1.75volts.

Also, XFX is the best overclocker for graphics cards, but than again, you will go through a few to get one that works.

hehe

Nubuis, I think when It comes down to it the two thing I dont like about the DFI board are the Black and Yellow color scheme, and the fact that there are two PCI-E 16x slots on every model. You have to like how it looks and it just doesn't appeal to me, and thats that.
That's an understandable arguement...before now I have only heard you say you didnt like em so atleast you now can tell me one reason why.......I initially didn't like the look of them at first either, but I suppose at this point I've simply gotten used to it....I'm not a huge fan of UV so that's not really a selling point for me although not EVERY board is UV sensitive they all look like they would be....black is actually pretty cool for the board, but I'm not too fond of the yellow slots personally....regarding two PCI-E slots, yeah I can see how for someone (like myself especially) that doesn't care for SLI or will never see a purpose for it, it's just a pointless slot taking up space.

ABits however were better with the socket A system days....for whatever reason they tried to make the AMD64's and newer Intel boards too "user friendly" for overclocking and those two words don't go together....overclocking isn't meant to be user friendly and I blame it on the Uguru software......that and the Fatal1ty boards just suck ass IMO....way too expensive considering they arent THAT much better, and frankly I shouldn't have to pay $50 because some "famed gamer" puts his name on it.......from ABit I would have expected a superb OC'ing board from the get go, not them having to release a "special" one, this is why for the socket 939 nf3 AGP series boards a company like MSI is considered a better OC'ing board......in fact THE BEST OC'ing board in it's class until DFI releases their nf3 socket 939 AGP board hopefully within a month from now (thats what I'm hoping for)

Intels aren't better at OCing than AMD and vice versa.....no company is "better" because when it comes to OC'ing it's just luck of the draw for the CPU in most cases........people seem to think high clock speed = better when this isn't the case....as I said, Intels HAVE to clock much higher to even get any results whereas you'd notice results in an AMD from a rather seemingly small clock speed increase, this of course being due to the way of the CPU's architecture......AMD's however are a lot more fun and intriquet to OC as for Intels it's basically knock up the FSB add voltage and you're done.......theres a lot more tweaking involved with AMDs IMO and I'm not the only one who thinks this either, pro-style OC'ers who've done both intels and AMDs will tell you the same.

Anyway enough of my rant :p

It's because the XFX have the top 3dmark05 and 03 record that they seem to get this idea that they are the best.......it's simply because people happened to have those cards under those circumstances and I'm not too sure how many other people have cooled them with LN2 with insane voltage mods.........because it has a record doesn't mean it's the best OCer which seems to be a common misconception around here

exactly why i said what i said. Us po ppl cant afford LN2 and shit. we like to get a heatsink and some AS5 and go from there and we dont wanna replace the card 2 or 3 times.

I wish i had gotten a DFI mobo, but i got an MSI one. MSI boards are still quite nice, and OC relativly well. Not the same ballpark as the DFI mobos, but they aint bad.

considering you have an NF4 you definitely should have gone DFI......the MSI Neo2 Plat is the best OC'er in it's class though so MSI didn't do too shabby for the AMD64 platforms really.....but also the Neo2 Plat can be quite buggy at times

i didnt get the neo2 plat- i got the neo4-F. its a decent board, but not as good as a DFI. O well, it aint the end of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom