TF Advanced Section Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elbatrop1 said:
I dont care if the members are young or old. I just care about the maturity level.

I dont like to see stupid, immature stuff like: "That video card sux, get 2 6800 Ultras in SLI."

True...there are people like this all the time...like an old lady comes asking for a video card to surf the net and check email, and they say something like "Get no less than 6600 GT, get 6800 GT if you have the money." Thats where their immaturity and the fact that they are gamers only and their lacking of understanding the other uses for computers come into play.

I saw this today actually. Someone was asking about processors, said he needed a good motherboard for an AMD 754. I was trying to help him, because the way it was worded it sounded like he already had the processor and needed a motherboard for it. The next response was "Get a 939, the 754 sucks" What the hell? That dosent help him at all. When someone comes looking to build a PC on a budget, people tell them to get all top of the line stuff. Great, that would be a great machine if he had $900 to spend! But he only has $400 so give him some good recommendations. Yet they still do the aforementioned immature responses.

I don't see why everybody says 754 sucks in the first place...sure its not as good as 939...but it in no way sucks. I wish we had less of those type of people here. It really makes me angry.

Ditto. Some people are just ignorant, and dont know things. They think that just because one technology was abandoned in favor of a newer one that means it sucks. It dosent mean it sucks, it just means that it was upgraded... Like anything else. Out with the old in with the new, regardless of how good the older stuff was.

I've seen a bunch of that.

I cant complain too much, though. I still like this place. Just like anything, it has its ups and downs. For example, if I went to XS I would probably get treated like a n00b (because I am one compared to those guys). If I didnt like it here, I would have taken off long ago, but since I dont, that wont happen...

I think that it would help if the young dudes here were a little more mature or if we had a few more adults here (provided they act their age).

This still goes hand-in-hand with the advanced OCing, too. You wont find too many 14 year olds with phase change.

Elbatrop1 said:

This still goes hand-in-hand with the advanced OCing, too. You wont find too many 14 year olds with phase change.

It's amazing how much these kids get from their parents, considering over half of them aren't even old enough to have a job. My parents never bought me a computer, I had to wait until I was 17, when I got a job and saved for one.

That was the same with me, sorta. My first computer came from my dads work, he got it when he finished the job. It was an old 486DX4 100MHz and I learned everything on that. My next computer was a P3 450MHZ and I got that for christmas. Now all my computer stuff i bought by me, for me.

beedubaya said:
I don't see why everybody says 754 sucks in the first place...sure its not as good as 939...but it in no way sucks. I wish we had less of those type of people here. It really makes me angry.

95% of the people here are like that,It seem's if you don't like AMD or Nvidia your not welcome here :(

beedubaya said:
It's amazing how much these kids get from their parents, considering over half of them aren't even old enough to have a job. My parents never bought me a computer, I had to wait until I was 17, when I got a job and saved for one.

Half of the kid's don't even have good system's anyway's,They are sitting back playing on a little piece of crap thing's and telling everyone that they have top of the line stuff (little poser's :p ) I know i wouldn't buy my kid a $2000 computer ;)

Shumway said:
Half of the kid's don't even have good system's anyway's,They are sitting back playing on a little piece of crap thing's and telling everyone that they have top of the line stuff (little poser's :p ) I know i wouldn't buy my kid a $2000 computer ;) [/B]

I know some right off the top of my head I could tell you... No names...

ok, here's your chance to show your maturity.
This seams like a sympathy rant to me.
Yes you are right there are some very immature people here, and others that aren't.
All you have to do to spark an interest in more advanced things is post in depth information about what you want to do, with maybe a link or two, and people will flock to help you with it (usually)
and yes there are some misconceptions about technology,
but many here (myself included) take that as a personal insult,
and it would be the adult thing to do to offer an apology in case you offended someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom