New here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverTurtle

Solid State Member
hi, this is my first post here, this place looks very informative, glad i stumbled here. anyways

i have a question, is there a way to change my computer's IP address? there are some sites i wanna visit that i dont want to be recognized in.

thanks guy

Your not going to be able to change your IP address on demand. Your IP address is on a "lease" from your Internet Service Provider and, although, you can ask, generally they won't be able to do this for you. If you wanted to mask your IP address from a site then you can go to the site below...they do not charge, but while you are surfing, you'll have some banners.
http://www.primedius.com/InternetPrivacy.htm

-Michael

i tryied that software, it works, but after a couple of tries, the website somehow recognized me again.

i called my service provider, they said the IP address is automatically assignmed by the server, and if i shut off my modem and ny computer for a good 5 or 6 hours, that i will be assigned a new one.

is that true ? i use cable high speed internet

yes that is true, at least it was for me when I had cable. Usually 14 minutes will do, all you should have to do is disconnet the power from the modem

Dude, I don't want to assume anything here but whatever site you are going to, you probably want to mask your IP. Your ISP can assign your new IP address to you but it can still be tracked to your ISP and then, in turn, they can find you.
Your ISP has a certain "master" address that they subnet into many other addresses. This is how they sell other addresses to other users and make money. The fact is that if a certain address comes across with a certain subnet mask, they will be able to find you. I mask mine a little differently, but I cannot post it here. But I know that I have never been worried about my IP showing up anywhere cause it's masked all the time :)

-Michael

the Zone-Alarm firewall can mask your IP address, even the free version. you can get it at http://www.zone-labs.com
A lot of hackers keep your IP address to try and hack in again and again, so I change my IP address by unplugging my modem (the power cord) and plugging back in after a few hours

welcome silverturtle, like your av too. ;)

if you want to hide your ip while surfing different websites you can use a proxy. your machine will then go through the proxy --> then to the site your looking for. the page your visiting will show the ip of the proxy your going through. google 'free proxy lists' and you will come up will plenty to play around with.

apokalipse or anyone
u said that zonealarm can mask ur ip, how do i do that?
im running ZA Pro, does this involve makin an expert rule or something or is a setting, i looked and didnt c nething. i already had to make one rule cuz i was gettin port scans to p27374 every two mins and the pop ups were getting quite annoying. anyways plz tell me how to mask my ip with ZA Pro
thx
best regards
neversleeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom