New Home Wireless Network - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can manually input the settings that you need. Do you have AIM or Trillian. I would rather walk you through this at this point in real-time

Found where to manually input numbers.....all numbers should be the same as the main computer except the last digit of the IP address ... correct?

Yes, make it 102. Also you are going to need to input the DNS addresses. This is under the DNS tab. Go to the other PC (XP) and go to the command prompt again and type "ipconfig /all"
There is a section for DNS Servers. These addresses are what you need.

yes aim..... is my AIM name - I am on now but "hidden". Thanks for your time.......be forewarned - I am running between the two computers.....

Vellamint was having a problem when trying to install this wireless card. Turned out to be a hardware problem. The device is displaying a problem in device manager: Windows has encountered a problem with this device....etc. It refers to the ASD for correct configuration but freezes when it's installed and rebooted. Has anyone has this prblem before using a Linksys Wireless Card in 9x?

-Michael

Just to let you know....I have upgraded to Windows XP and still cannot get the wireless system to work. As a matter of fact - everytime I manage (and its not easy) to install the software for the PCI adapter the whole system hangs and I have to reboot. Done this at least 5 times in the hopes it will install but no luck!

Now I have the additional headache of activating the XP version on the 2nd computer and I dont know if I can. What happens if I can't!? I already tried to reformat back to 98 and cant do that either (hope I dont sound like a total dork but am desperate-at least the computer worked before!)

AND when I change the PCI adapter to another slot I cannot get the monitor to work either so I have to shut down and put it back in that one particular slot.

I have no "network neighborhood" nor TCP/IP - I am a total mess and my significant other will NOT be thrilled with this expensive mistake be it mine or Linksys. (Great early holiday gift - huh)

You can activate it on more than the one computer.. i have one product key on 5 computers in my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom