To all you DFI fanboys (a rant) :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intels do overclock better because they have longer pipes(same reason they got to so high clock speed in retail processors), however overclocking them that high does not give as amazing performance as you may think. and onto the DFI statement, DFI boards have been shown by every review ive read to give the highest FSB possible period, no matter what RAM you use... so if you are looking for EXTREME OC'ing then go for DFI, it can go that extra mile, also it has tons of accessories and good support... just my opinion but they can't be beat.

Him said:
Just wondering what your opinion on what the better brand is. Not looking to provoke nothing, I am interested in what you think is better than the eVGA cards.
Ok, first off, I am in no way trying to say eVGA is a bad brand, but I am saying that is is indeed possible for another brand to be better. For example, eVGA makes a nice PCI-e 6800GT, but so does Leadtek. In my opinion, the one made by Leadtek is better than the one by eVGA, especially for overclocking. The reason for this is because it has a massive all copper heatsink that completely covers not only the GPU, but the RAM and backside as well. It also has dual DVI inputs. Now, it is the only 6800GT that takes up two slots, but it can be overclocked far past ultra speeds, and far past most other 6800GT speeds, including the eVGA one. Leadtek's 6600GT in my opinion is also better than the eVGA 6600GT, because it comes clocked at 550/1120 out of the box. That is a pretty impressive stock overclocking. I know everybody argues that you can easily overclock the eVGA one by yourself, but that voids the warrenty. Flame me if you must, but nothing is going to change the way I feel on this matter.

Hmmm.... I wish i had known about the impressive stock clocks for the Leadtek 6600GT. i just bought my 6600GT, the eVGA one. Is the massive heatsink really your only factor in loving the Leadtek one? The eVGA one can be easily replaced with a bigger and better one. As well as any other cards.

Him said:
The eVGA one can be easily replaced with a bigger and better one. As well as any other cards.
Yes, again, by voiding the warrenty.

Meh, the warranty is minor IMHO. I could really care less about the warranty on most thigns, but I am a modder and we dont care about destroying stuff. It comes with the territory.

You could always put the stock one back on if you wanted to persue the warranty. If you are good they would be none the wiser.

thats what i do. like if i wanted to send my card back (of course its to old but only for example.) i would take off my zalman heatsink and put the stock back on and send it back. they would never know the diff cause most of them are stupid liek that. where DFI is concerned, im sorry but theyare the best right now cause of 4 whopping volts to the ram baby. Now on that evga subject we all recomended them way back when cause ppl wanted to buy them for OCing to ultra speeds w/out any other kinda heatsink. as i recall i dont think leadtek had that when we whre recomending the evga cards. PLUS does it have a massive copper heatsink for AGP 6800GTs? if so then i will look into it :p

Wait till we get Mr. Nubioso in here. He will have some fun putting down everyone.

Also doesn't eVGA have that program where you can trade in a 6600gt for a 6800gt + cost difference after you already purchased?

Yeah, they have the step up program, which is one of the reasons they are highly recommended. It's a very nice program, I'm jsust not sure how to take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom