AMD Athlon 64 X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, the x2 costs as much as the fx55 or even less... so why not get the x2 over the fx55?

3200+ Probably beat out that X2 in games. Way more cost effective don't you think? And the 4800+ is almost 1K, thats MORE then the FX-55...

EDIT:: Didn't notice how slim the difference was, only about 80 bucks more then FX-55. The FX has gone up 200 bucks since I bought it so I'm off balance.

I believe Physics Processing Units will be the final step in future hardware/games. It's going to get so real-life like that it will be scarey.
I can only imagine the cost of these chips. And where will they be incorporated into the motherboard? PCI-Express slot?

FX-57 / G7xxx / PPU / Unreal Engine 3 - I might not ever go back to work!

Leonidas said:
because the X2 will not perform as well on games, as an FX-55... thats why.

Originally posted by LoTex

according to benchmarks, very suitable for gaming:

"The thing to keep in mind here is that AMD's dual core solutions are closer to their fastest single core offerings in clock speed, so they end up performing more like their Athlon 64 counterparts in games - which has always been quite strong."

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipset...aspx?i=2410&p=7

horndude said:
Patience guys, in about 6-8 months games that can take advantage of multicore cpu's will be coming out, of course by then the cpu's wont cost quite as much either.

Yeah, i wish that was true, and so with the 64-bit software... AMD got out all this great stuff like dual cores and 64-bit, but software companies don't take advantage of these because p()$$y Intel and the ppl that buy them... they're holding back this breakthrough... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :angry:

EDIT: imagine if all the companies would just all the sudden make everything 64-bit, then ppl would have to buy AMD's and AMD will win the market and pwn Intel and we will be SOO happy!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom