Help with this pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hacp: I might recommend some different RAM, but talk to some of the guys on the DFI boards to be sure. It seems to me that a lot of people are having some issues with the Corsair RAM. Personally, I'd suggest some OCZ stuff, plat. rev.2 is what I'm running, and it is crazy good.

Wow those are huge power supplies in terms of wattage and price. Anything around 400-450 watts, and less than 90 bucks? How did you know that those were 24 pin? I couldn't find it in the specs.

Hacp: sorry, mind was elsewhere with the ram, but my point still stands. Go to the DFI forums and research your ram thoroughly. It is absolutely key to a decent overclock with the DFI boards (which is the first thing the DFI techs will tell you).

As for the PSU, you don't need HUGE wattage/amps if you are not going SLI, but please please trust me when I say to have at least 480 watts on 24 pins from a quality manufacturer. You most likely will live to regret it otherwise. My previous suggestions are as low budget as you should go. Go to the DFI site, there is a great list by David Hammock with recommended PSUs.

I am not a novice pc builder. I have built pcs before. But, I had help buying the parts.
Also thanks trifid for the psu suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom