Should I trust Speedfans s.m.a.r.t readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf5460

Fully Optimized
speedfan gave the comp in my sig a bad readouts for my HD %100 perfomance great, fitness %43 come on.I just want to know if speedfan is acurate this is just a system I use for the internet so I will let it crap out on it's own.The family comp a p4 3.0ghz with a western digital with %100 on both fitness and performance so I am not worried there.

Speedfan is just reading what your hard dri ve is telling it, it's trustworthy

I would say if your getting SMART errors within the next month you shall loose the hard drive for sure.

Yes, Speedfan is just acting like a middle man between you and the hdd. It is just telling you what the HDD is telling it, just like Chris said. I dont know if in the next month, but failure on that drive is impending and inevitable.

To take a screen shot, just press the 'Print Screen' button on your keyboard and then go to Paint or another editor and go to Paste.

were does speedfan give you info on your HD performance and fitness?
btw sry for hijacking this thread :(

It's only if you have SMART enabled on your drives. If you do, it is somewhere on one of the tabs. I believe it is titles "HDD Monitoring" but I dont have it in front of me so I couldnt tell you for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom