Windows XP IBM Thinkpad starting up Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therese

Solid State Member
HI - I am nowhere near an expert with computers so I am in desperate need of your help. My laptop was working fine (I bought it used from a university so I don't have a lot of the system disks, like the Windows XP disk etc....but maybe I can get some of them). My problem is that suddenly when I turn the computer on I get the IBM screen that goes to the Windows XP screen and then I run into trouble. At this point the screen goes blank and then it goes through the following:

BIOS 3.050...

CPU Intel Mobile Celeron...
640 KB System RAM Passed
256 KB Cache SRAM Passed
System BIOS Shadowed
Video BIOS Shadowed
0253568 KB Extended RAM Passed
Mouse Initialized
Fixed.. (This goes to fast to read)
Then something about intilializing CD/DVD drive, etc.

Then a new screen: Initializing Boot Agent 4.0.22....

Then goes back to the Windows XP screen and does this loop. I have tried starting in SAFE Mode, etc.. but can't seem to get it to load properly.

If this helps, the last time it worked properly I was on the internet trying to get a question answered from Norton Anti-Virus. I was trying to uninstall the Norton Anti Virus Corporate Edition that came with the computer and install the version I bought, which wouldn't install until I uninstalled the other. (I couldn't uninstall the other because of course it was looking for a network connection that I don't have).

I did start it up using the Norton disk and it found no viruses, but maybe it has one???? Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Therese

Okay well the best thing to do is to probolly reinstall windows on this laptop

If you still want to try repairing stuff in windows (not recomended) here's an alternate way to get into safe mode. While your on the XP loading screen, cut power than turn your computer back on.

Also their are bootable CD's where you can go in and try to fix windows from a seperate bootable operating system, more advanced tho ugh.

Thanks for the advice. I am waiting to see if I can get a Windows XP disc (again bought computer used so I don't have one) from the person I bought the computer from. I will see if re-installing helps and let you know. Thanks again.

Therese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom