Corsair

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
Ok, before anyone craps on Corsair all together i bought some the other day. Please could i have an unbiased opinon on this RAM....

Corsair TwinX XMS PC3200 DDR 400 2x512MB 1GB KIT

Got a good deal on it and i jumped at the chance.....
It's gotta be better than my generic and Kingston Value Ram,right?

Although Nubius will be here shortly to put down corsair, I have to say that it is indeed good RAM. Just because not as many OC'ers use it as use OCZ doesn't mean its crap.

Thanks,I thought (corsair) was good stuff but alot of people on this board really don't like it. It's better than the generic ....ok but what about the Kingston value ram? I guess generic ram is Value ram, right?

i use that exact ram and its decent stuff. there is better like gskill, but with this ive managed to get it upto 257mb fsb but above that it stops being 100% stable.

I just ordered some OCZ platnum, non-revision 2.. Can't wait for it to get here. I thought I may aswell go for some good stuff besides my friend wasnt able to get twinmos in stock. :)

MADWAD said:
Thanks,I thought (corsair) was good stuff but alot of people on this board really don't like it. It's better than the generic ....ok but what about the Kingston value ram? I guess generic ram is Value ram, right?

The reason people don't like Corsair is because Nubius and the people of XtremeSystems Forums all hate it. Because they are very knowledgable overclockers, they take his words of wisdom with high regards. While he may be right in that most overclockers use OCZ, Corsair IS NOT bad stuff, contrary to what he will tell you. When I joined these boards, everybody was hard core Corsair fans!

P.S. No offense Nubius, I am just stating my opinion that Corsair isn't really that terrible.

Corsair is very good RAM. In all of it's flavors. I use corsair value select in all of my budget builds for clients. Never had a problem.

Ive got 2 gigs of Corsair XMS Pro. Its decent. not as good as OCZ or G.Skill, but it aint bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom