urgent - 10min shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

s1cs

Baseband Member
hey!

i have got an rather imortant question, i have built a P4 2.6 computer, 1024 ram, geforce4mx. i recently put it together and i am experiencing some problems, the compter locks or freezes or what ever you call it like every ten minutes. i cant do anything, the mouse is fixed in one position and the top of the screen kinda dissaperes. ctrl alt del doesnt work either. i am currently running win 2000. does any one know what to do?

Does the probelm then go away after it frezes or does it just stay frozen till reboot. Also would you pleasse tell us what kind of rig it. luck.

he means please post computer specs like mobo cpu ram etc etc.

The techies here always need this stuff to help you out (lots of people put it in their signatures like mine below)

:)

since all the parts are new it is a fresh istall if that is what you mean.

could it be high temperatures in the cpu or the graphix that causes the shutdown? how can i monitor these temps? i have one temp sensor that is connected to a disp on the front of the case. the temp inside the case varies from 27 - 36.

today i was running the computer and i hade been surfing around for a bit and then decided to watch a dvd, as soon as i pressed play it hanged.

i dont have that in my bios menu. i know because i friend of mine has it but i dont because i have a completely different bios as far as the design goes anyway. are there any software that i can download to monitor this?

i took out one of the ram chips and now it seems to work. can any one tell me why?

it might have been sitting wrong inside its slot or the stick itself might be defective. Try it again and if it still fails, try it in another free slot. This will tell you if the bracket is u/s or was simply badly seated or if the mobo is u/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom