Need Motherboard Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirian

Beta member
Greetings All!!!:)

I am looking to buy a new motherboard with PCI Express slots. I am fairly computer illiterate, so I'm not even sure where to begin. I have a Dell deminsion 2300. It runs very well, but I would like to play some PC games and the graphics card we want is only available with the PCI express card. I hope this makes sense.

We are looking for a motherboard with more than 4 PCI slots and that has more memory storage. I don't know what gigabyte or overclocking is, so I don't know that I will understand anything but laymans terms if that's possible.

If anyone understands what I'm talking about and can help, it would be very much appreciated.:umm:

If you get a new motherboardm than you have to get a new case.

Are you keeping that CPU? If so, we will need to know a bit more about that PC to recomend a motherboard. (I hate to break the laymans terms, but do you know what socket it is? If not, download CPU-Z from www.cpuid.com and show us a screenshot of the CPU tab.

What card are you getting btw?

(1000 post :p )

Okay, lets see if I can do this. First of all we are going to keep the CPU. Secondly the card that he wants and doesn't seem to want to relent on is "ATI All-In-WonderX 600 Pro". The game that he wants to play gave specifics on what type of card you need.

Well, I think your fears have been confirmed. I can take the screenshot of what you want but can't get it here.

How have I gotten by all these years.

What should I do after I take the screen shot. It says to paste it but I am not allowed to after I take the shot.

I'm not sure if this is what you really wanted.

I would be grateful for any assistance you could provide.

Cheers

Your CPU will be very limiting in new games, your virtually going to have to build a new computer.

Dell PSU's plugs have differnet power in different spots, it will instaltly fry almost any motherboard.

Dell cases only fit dell motherboard's.

Your dell motherboard cannot support new graphics cards

Your RAM is either antique RD RAM or an old slow DDR

Anyways an x600XT is not a very good choice, the best value card out right now is the 6600GT for sure, it comes in AGP and PCI-E flavors at around 150-180$ for the card.

Thank you very much for the information and for your promptness.

If I have anymore questions I know where to go.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom