Run time error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moody

Solid State Member
I keep getting a runtime error when using the internet. How do I get rid of it?

What Browser and what version are you running? If its anything below IE 5.5, then I can see that error message quite easily.

The PC is running xp and has IE 6. All window updates have been completed. Everything is up to date.

anything specific about the pages visisted, amount of time online...
An pattern there? aside from the error?

This is my cousin's computer and i only looked at it for a little bit last night. I didn't pop up on every page, but it would pop up every time I switched pages or refreshed here in the forums. But it would not start until i got into the forums. On the first couple of pages on the site I was fine.

I tried doing a google search for fixes or even just what caused it, but i couldn't find anything useful.

It didn't seem like time was a factor it popped up with in the first couple of pages.

I did a scan with her McAfee and it didn't seem to find anything. I was hoping that it was just a virus or something to that effect.

Tools > Internet Options. Click the Settings tab, and under Browsing, check Disable Script Debugging. The errors are still there but you won't get the annoying dialog boxes.

Yes, Emily is correct, there are errors on many pages. Actually, I can re-generate the error on the OS and Software Main forum page. In XP Pro IE 6.0 the setting you should enable is:
Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Disable Script Debugging.
If this setting does not help, then go into Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab > Click Custom Level > Make sure that all 3 Scripting options are enabled without prompting. (Active, Java and Paste Operations)

-Michael

Open IE and go to Tools........ Internet Options
There click on the Advanced Tab
Put a check in the box beside "Disable script debugging"
and NO check in the box beside "Display a notification about every script error"

This should fix your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom