Best custom Windows disk program

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale5605

Daemon Poster
I used this program recently to make a custom windows disk and it's amazing. You don't have to follow complicated steps or anything to integrate drivers and service packs. You just let the program do it for you. And I removed a lot of crap and got windows down to 288 megs.
And it will now include support for windows 64 bit edition which is pretty cool.
Anyway try it out if you want to reformat and have a very nice install of windows.
It's free of course. :p

http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html

I used this a while back slipstreaming Windows 2000 SP4 into a bootable CD. It did what it said it would. Nice.

Thats pretty swell. I need to reinstall Windows when I get home from work anyway, so I'll give that program a blow and see how it works.

I'll add my vote, I discovered nlite a while ago and couldnt believe how easy it was to use. Slipstreaming, integrated hotfixes and tweaks all done before you install !! .:D
The forums at MSFN are a great source of info as well.

Way to plug yourself, Warez. :p

on the subject though, whos heard of Bart P.E.?

I just tried that program and slipstreamed SP2 into my XP install. It worked great!

just a quick question, when using a program like this, is there any chance that the created windows installation might become un-stable or un-usable because some of the integrated stuffs been removed?? a little paranoid yes, but thought i'd just check incase anyones had any problems slipstreaming xp like this.

joe

No. If you slipstream SP2 in the installation, for example, it should be just as stable as if it were installed normally. I have had no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom