emachines bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

antirem

In Runtime
I hate emachines........ !!!

I reset the bios on an emachines and now it says there is a cmos chechsum error. Emachines goes out of their wayto make sure you dont mess around with your computer so that you can buy the 2 year warranties for tech support that dosnt help. Anyone know how i can put in new firmware for the board? or just post to vent your hate for emachines here!

You reset it, as in "Reset it with jumpers or a battery pull" or "Reset by upgrading the firmware"?

I would try to re-download and re-install the firmware. If the update becomes corrupted in the download, etc it could cause such a problem.

i first did a jumper reset... then after a few more time a battery.. i cant install new firmware because i cant boot off of anything i get an error on boot up

emachines doesn't offer a bios update, so basically when you flashed it, you're out of luck, because they don't offfer any original bios,etc... Suggest you get a new motherboard....

emachines doesn't offer a bios update, so basically when you flashed it, you're out of luck, because they don't offfer any original bios,etc... Suggest you get a new motherboard....

What planet are you on? I have flashed the BIOS on my eMachine several times (only needed it once, but I was making sure).

There are several BIOS versions for each system. You go by model number, and download the latest one. All of them are locked as far as overclocking, however.

Buying a new motherboard would be a last ditch effort. Exhaust every other option first.

If you screwed up your BIOS, just call up a computer repair shop and ask them if they have an EPROM reprogrammer. You gonna have to either remove the bios by using a IC tool if it is socketed. Or your gonna have to cut it from the mobo and after the program it, than you need to solder it back on

Trotter said:
What planet are you on? I have flashed the BIOS on my eMachine several times (only needed it once, but I was making sure).

There are several BIOS versions for each system. You go by model number, and download the latest one. All of them are locked as far as overclocking, however.

Buying a new motherboard would be a last ditch effort. Exhaust every other option first.

And just where might you be able to download one. Definitely not on the emachines website...

The motherboard manufacturer's website.

To find out the mobo maker, download and run something like Belarc's Adviser or Everest.

eMachine uses parts made by other people, not their own. My mobo happens to be by FIC, model AM37. It is a micro-ATX board, a bit out of date, but very functional.

SO you just downloaded the motherboard manufacturers bios update for your motherboard model, not the first to try. On another forum, someone did that on their emachines t6212. Lucky they didn't fry theri bios chip!
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom