having start up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rommel

Beta member
this is my first time on a forum so sorry if i sound like a little bit of an idiot but i need some help if someone could help me. My brother was trying to install some RAM the other day and i dont know what he did but whenever i try to turn on the computer it just beeps loudly, the monitor stays black and nothing ever comes up. Is there something i could do to fix it? I think what he told me he did was that he tried to add new RAM and added a new chip but the new chip wasnt the same as the old chip so could that be the problem? he aslo said he doesnt know if he inserted it all the way, could that also be a problem?

Wrong ram, cracked mobo, inserted wrong, not seated properly, incompatiable ram. Did you check that?

how exactly would i check if the Motherboard is cracked? and do you know of a website that could tech how to correctly insert RAM into a computer?

My guess would be that the RAM is not inserted all the way or is the wrong kind of RAM for the computer.

I would take out the new RAM to make sure that none of the original components (motherboard, other RAM, etc) arent damaged.

Then, if it turns out that the original stuff is fine, then find out what RAM it is and compare it to the stuff you already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom