*NEWS* nVidia 7800 GTX Spotted!! (G70 Core)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He raises an interesting point though, I don't see a bunch of people *****ing and whining about their previous Athlon cores not supporting SSE3 instruction sets, hell I see a couple of people here who don't have any SSE instruction set capibilities with their processors.

I agree that nVidia produced the superior generation than ATi, but quite frankly the x800 series is about a year old. PS3.0 started playing a role about a month ago and still isn't particularily game dependant so there's really no need to complain about that. Anyone who doesn't like their x850, I'll gladly take it off your hands. :)

When a reputable company makes a top of the line product, you expect the best.
The Athlon 64 FX series didn't support 90nm processes nor SSE3 instruction sets until a couple of weeks ago. Your point?

Yes, I realize that :p, but the point I was aiming for was he was implying the best. The best process availible at the time was the 90nm wafer and AMDs top end cores couldn't offer it, which meant that the reputable AMD wasn't making the best with it's high end stuff.

The irony behind this is the FX series was still an uber series of processors and considered the fastest around, despite not offering the best availible for whatever the reason.

It all started when just one game said they would code using ps3. NVidia fans on here are just looking for things to say make nvidia better than ati. Just one game is all it took. The x850 is still the best video card because it plays the bulk of the games out there and coming out in the near future, better. Just because nvidia can play 1% of the new games coming out better than ATI does not make ATI an inferior product. That's the fact I think. So people go buying 6800 ultra's and they expect the best. Yet they aren't even getting temporal anti-alising. Everyone who bought a nvidia 6800 ultra has been cheated because they thought they were buying the best, they should have all the eye candy that's out there, blah blah blah. I'm going to talk to nvidia and demand my money back.

dale5605 said:
It all started when just one game said they would code using ps3. NVidia fans on here are just looking for things to say make nvidia better than ati. Just one game is all it took. The x850 is still the best video card because it plays the bulk of the games out there and coming out in the near future, better. Just because nvidia can play 1% of the new games coming out better than ATI does not make ATI an inferior product. That's the fact I think.

Just wait for the X900XT...then ATI will likely have its day of superiority again. If not, it shouldn't be near as bad as what we have seen this generation.

Don't bother trying to defend the X800 series at this forum because we all know that the X800 series can do nothing the 6800 series can't except lack SM3.0, therefore suck in cutting edge games.

dale5605 said:
It all started when just one game said they would code using ps3. NVidia fans on here are just looking for things to say make nvidia better than ati. Just one game is all it took. The x850 is still the best video card because it plays the bulk of the games out there and coming out in the near future, better. Just because nvidia can play 1% of the new games coming out better than ATI does not make ATI an inferior product. That's the fact I think.
I can say this is "just an excuse for an ATI fanboy who doesn't accept that PS 3.0 is where games are headed"

I and many here don't hate ATI, we just prefer 6800's against X800's and X850's. also a lot of those that prefer 6800's over X800's and X850's also prefer Radeon 9800's and 9600's over Geforce FX cards (yes I do aswell)

just stop with this "you're a fanboy" crap

Also, temporal anti-aliasing doesn't mean a thing, and nobody uses it or relies on it. Shader Model 3.0 is the building blocks for future games. Those two things are uncomparable.

I hate to do it, but thanks to dale, this thread is being locked as well. It was supposed to be a civil discussion in the GeForce 7800GTX, not an X800 vs. 6800 flamefest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom