Nvidia VS ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.
RichM499 said:
Does the regular-ol 6600 come with PS3.0 capabilities?
all of the Geforce 6000 series cards have PS 3.0
but they also vary in performance. the 6600 GT and 6800 GT are both great cards, but the 6600 and 6200 (especially the 6200) can't keep up.
I just can't tell you how bad the 6200 is performance-wise

6600 have 256 MB of memory (which is wasted, you dont need that much).

6600GT has 128 MB of memory, but is by far better clocked (Much more important).

Spend the 50 bucks.

the 6600 vanilla will prolly be too crappy to play the PS3.0 games in ps 3.0 mode anyways

So what exactly is this volt-mod that can be applied to the GT's?=). I would assume its a hardware modification involving switching some of the resistance on the + volts line of the core , but im in unfamiliar territory where this is concerned so i'd need to do my homework before i attempted anything. Know of any good web resources with volt-mod information? Also, i asked earlier but i didnt get a clear response, so what is the main difference between 6600GT and 6600?? Is it a mere matter of MHZ? or is it more along the lines of different cores?

If someone comes along asking for a vid card recommendation, why does someone always suggest something as complicated as a volt mod?

PizzatheHut06 said:
If someone comes along asking for a vid card recommendation, why does someone always suggest something as complicated as a volt mod?
I wouldn't call it complicated. you usually just bridge something with pencil, or solder

apokalipse said:
I wouldn't call it complicated. you usually just bridge something with pencil, or solder

I don't think it's particularly complicated either, but I also think it doesn't need to be suggested to someone that doesn't know which vid card to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom