Core Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only configuration utility I touch in Windows is the A64 tweaker, and that is simply due to the numerous extended options avalible from it.

To put it simply you don't have nearly the control or precautions availible through Windows, the risk of instability, file corruption, BIOS and CMOS confliction, and hardware failure are all greatly increased.

As Gaara said, its a huge liability to OC in windows. I have done it various times. Not with a aftermarket program either. The only aftermarket program i would use for OC is A64 Tweaker. That would be the only program in general to use in windows. I used Abit's Guru OC Utility for OC in windows. I though it wouldent be a problem, since it came with my board. But they all work the same man. I should of took Nubius advice, as you should take ours. Alot of people dont have OC options for their board. So they get desperate, and start DL all these aftermarket programs.

If your board dont have OC options, then its not a OC board. Dont listen to people that OC in windows man. OC in windows gives you a 75% chance of corrupting windows. Thus you must reinstall windows all over. No experienced OC will even try that. Keep it for your BIO's man.

Okay... I'll take your advice seriously then. You seem to have tried it a time or two. I will say this though... Core Center came with my motherboard, so I don't exactly *not* trust it, but I might try it only because I am going to reformat my computer before college anyway, so if I screw up Windows with it, no biggy. However, from reading all of the replies to this post, I am not going to overclock in Windows if I care about losing everything. I will save it for the BIOS just as you've said.

dude, he has an MSI board and Core Center comes with all the newer boards, as long as he has the newest version he can safely overclock, and yes his board supports overclocking.

I may give it a shot and report back and let everyone know how it works. Might now though... I am undecided.

The BIOS comes with his motherboard as well mate. ;)

Quite frankly do you ever wonder why DFI hasn't included any such utility with their lanparty series, which are undisputably the best overclockers around. Think about that for a second.

There BIOS may not be made to work with such programs well? I've never had problems using the MSI core center with there boards unless i was forced to reset the BIOS because i changed something in there stopping it from posting.

It's because real overclockers don't use things like what corecenter is about, which is windows based OC'ing......and most people use MBM5 or Speedfan 5 as far as temps go....basically corecenter is a decent idea, but in reality is useless software much like ABits Uguru crap.....they should have left out this "Friendly overclocking!" junk and built it hardcore like DFI did....this is why ABit went from damn good OC'ing boards for the socket A, to even behind MSIs Neo2 plat in terms of OC'ing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom