Memtest86+

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck... I never saw it before... maybe some wires were in the way or something. Oh well, the important thing is that it should work once I switch the RAM around. Thanks anyway.

Got it... I know why I was so confused now. It does say that on the board, Nubius, but it also says in the manual to fill the green slots first and not put the RAM in the purple slots until the green slots are filled AND at another spot, it says to put one in purple and one in green. Isn't it kinda contradicting itself?

That is is Wayne, that it is. I was always under the assumption banks 1 and 3 for DC and then banks 2 and 4 for an additional DC. Thats the way it is on my board, it's a little bit old (not the one in my sig, Jetway 875PMAX) and my new ABit (the one in my sig) goes on the principle of filling banks 1 and 3 for DC and then 2 and 4 for an additional DC. I believe it does, anyway. I'll have to read it tonight, make sure.

Yeah, dual channel worked with one in purple and one in green (slots 1 and 2) like Nubius said... but the dogonned book is just so contradictive. I mean, who publishes that BS. I went to find it and right away it said something about "3 combinations (see table below)" and the table was above and I knew right there, this book is just half-assed. Anyway, I guess, like most things, you learn the most from actually experimenting and messing around with it and NOT just reading that manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom