*NEWS* nVidia 7800 GTX Spotted!! (G70 Core)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More memory, only takes up a single slot, more Pixel Pipelines... New "amazing" core. People say that the next generation will be amazing, but I am still skeptical however...
Yan

Shacknews said:
UPDATE 7800GTX IN 3 WEEKS

NVidia plans to unveil their next-gen graphics chip at an event in San Francisco on June 21. The event will be an "evening of full-throttle entertainment" with "revolutionary technologies, hot 3D content, and exciting gaming action as we unveil our next-generation GPU."

This desktop GPU will be very similar to the one they've designed for the PS3, dubbed the RSX or Reality Synthesizer, which has been said to be more powerful than two combined GeForce 6800 Ultras. The RSX has a 550MHz core clock and 300 million transistors.

This has been covered numerous times already.

Launch date may be June 21st but don't expect it on the market for several weeks afterwards.

Yea like beed said im not ruling out ATI this round. i just saw this thread up here (because ive been a real off-topic whpre lately lol) and i saw the pictures. the good thing is it prolly wont create alot of heat like last gen and it dsoent take a PCI slot, but shit man it looks longer than the damn Voodoo5 5500!! :eek: it may not take up a PCI slot but still, youll have to extend the length of your case just to fit it lol. Im an Nvidia fan boy but personally i think ATI will win this round for some dumb reason. All the specs ive seen (which of course i ruled out the obviously bogus ones) shows that the ATI x900XT (blah blah hate long names) wil have a faster core clock, mem clock, and maybe more pipes. all of which could make a better card, but Nvidia might have something up their sleeve. who knows? lets just wait and see cause i dont rule out either company until drivers, software, and benchies fully support the cards, and we can get a REAL scoop on them.:D

I'm going for whomever has the best midrange card (because thats all i'll be able to afford) and which has the better feature set.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
there's more to it than just benchmarks. just look at the current generation.
*cough* playstation 3 *cough*

edit: I meant pixel shader 3, silly me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom