6600GT or 6800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
get the leadtek 6600gt extreme, im getting mighty fed up with these fanboys that buy nothing but evga, gigabyte, etc... I go with whatever is currently the best, and right now, the leadtek 6600gt is the best, no matter how nice looking the mermaid on the evga heatsink is. Because it is clocked at 550/1120 versus the evga or gigabyte that are clocked at 500/1000.

Because the Overclocked leadtek costs more and we can overclock the cards ourself. If this leadtek card was soo great, why doesnt it hold any records? We have the record setting guy for SLI'ED 6600GT's on here and he doesnt use leadtek :)

So i guess i have everyone's vote for the 6600GT. 6600GT it is! How is this card with games like doom3? Is this card going to be good for me for the next few years?

DJ-CHRIS said:
Those are just some reviewing n00bs that's all

They got 582, I got 597 on an XFX
Like I said, the reason nobody has ever done a real benchmark in SLI with it is bacause of fanboys like you that try to put in in other people head's that every brand but eVGA is inferior. That is not the case in the slightest.

also you dont realize that the eVGA's heatsink and fan also cool the ram while the leadtek's does not it even says so in you smackdown review
and in case anyone didnt hear me b4 eVGA has the step up program where before ninety days pass if you want to upgrade to say a 6800gt you pay the difference and return everything the 6600gt came with and eVGA will send you the 6800gt ask nubius he did it

and if i believe so nubius is the proclaimed king of overclocking on this forum and he uses an eVGA so there

touchet

rofl... god what newbs

aspire.comptech said:
also you dont realize that the eVGA's heatsink and fan also cool the ram while the leadtek's does not it even says so in you smackdown review
and in case anyone didnt hear me b4 eVGA has the step up program where before ninety days pass if you want to upgrade to say a 6800gt you pay the difference and return everything the 6600gt came with and eVGA will send you the 6800gt ask nubius he did it

and if i believe so nubius is the proclaimed king of overclocking on this forum and he uses an eVGA so there

touchet

rofl... god what newbs
So what if he uses eVGA? Who wants to bet that he has never tried overclocking one of Leadtek's 6600GT's? I do admit that the step up program is not a bad idea, but I would not consider stepping up to a 7800, they are going to suck. And, eVGA only makes nVidia. Don't even get me started on not covering the RAM, have you ever seen the Leadtek 6800GT? Also, it would be nice if you used proper grammar in the future.

003 what did I ever say negative about Leadtek?
I was just talking negative about expensive pre overclocked cards like Extreme Edition Leadtek's, BFG OC's and Asus Extreme's.

If i was an eVGA fanboy, maybee I would also own an eVGA card :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom