home to xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's much better then a very very very limited "so-called" version of XP Pro from the method posted. That method is nothing near a fully fuctional and stable XP Pro. Don't use the above method, purchase an OEM version of XP Pro and get the real thing.

That way costs money. [/QUOTE]

what do u mean it cost money? if your talking about purchasing another copy of an OS. then that doesnt apply to me cuz i already have windows pro OEM. the problem is that im purchasing a new pc with home edition and dont wanna put in the extra 80 bucks for windows pro since i already have it.

Well this is a completely different question then. What you want to do is install a full version of xp pro on another computer, which is not really the question you stated.
Anyway what you would have to do is uninstall the xp home on the other computer and then install xp pro on that computer.

You can do this, but it is illegal.

He doesn't have to uninstall XP Home. He can use the XP Pro CD and do a normal upgrade procedure. If he only plans on using that copy of XP Pro on that machine only he is also not breaking any laws. He may run into activation problems since it's a completely new machine and that Pro has already been previously activated.

And btw, if anything is illegal, it's that "hack" for a limited version of Pro.

If you mean you already have PRO as in you already have it installed on one of your other machines then you would have to purchase another license for an XP PRO upgrade disc. That is simply the only way to LEGALLY do it. If you have another unused XP PRO disc/licesne thats cool though. You will not have any issues as stated by tribal upgrading from HOME to PRO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom