dvd burning software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcsavageboy

In Runtime
what software does it take to convert video clips to a format that is able to be burned on a dvd+r and watch on a dvd player?

I use DVD Shrink combined with Nero 6.6 Enterprise Edition and also use DVD Decrypter and DVD Region with CSS

I use TMPGEnc 2.5 to convert my video clips (Divx, Xvid, WMV, etc etc) to a format accepted for DVD video (MPEG or MPEG2). Then once my clips are converted I use TMPGEnc DVD Author to create my custom menu's insert the clips and produce the file structure needed for a DVD (AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS, IFO, BUP etc etc).

This program also has a burning tool built in which I use to burn all my DVD movies I create. As Warez mentioned though Nero does this as well. I use DVD Shrink when I need to backup any of my scratched DVD's it works great.

I also played with this program called Super DVD Creator 8.5 which allowed me to directly insert non-DVD supported formats (divx, xvid, wmv etc) into the creation software and burn the disc, but I didnt have the cool menu creation options as the above program.

dvdshrink doesn't convert any video formats. dvdshrink let you unencrypt and shrink a dvd

I like windvd creator myself

EricB said:
dvdshrink doesn't convert any video formats. dvdshrink let you unencrypt and shrink a dvd

I like windvd creator myself

That is correct. Thats the only reason I listed all those other pieces of software and steps. If it is simply to backup a DVD then I agree DVD Shrink is unbeatable :) sometimes it needs help from DVD Decryptor (Damn you SONY!!!!), but usually it goes good. If you need to convert clips though if various formats (WMV, DIVX etc) you will need assistance from conversion tools such as I listed, but there are tons of others as well. Just have to try various ones and see which one you like best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom