the time is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nononononononono, forget everything you have heard about Corsairs overclocking "potential", unfortunetely many people get brainwashed into thinking Corsair is the best thing since sliced bread since it's used everywhere, but this simply isn't true.

G.Skill, OCZ (great support BTW), Patriot, PQI and Twinmos will all easily blow anythin Corsair offers out of the water.

As far as 2GB go, forget it man, you've been drawn into that obsessive mindset where you need to have the absolute best. Unless you plan on running a sever, drop it to 1GB.

Specifically, you haven't listed cooling. Ideas on that subject?

I've seen G.Skill RAM reach DDR600 without cooling.
I would suggest G.Skill as far as RAM goes, or OCZ if you somehow can't get G.Skill

Corsair does not overclock well, garaa has it right

and yes, 2GB will actually reduce overclocking. the more RAM you have, the less it can overclock.

go for the DFI NF4 Ultra-D and mod it to an SLI version
I would suggest getting a 6600 GT now, and wait a couple of weeks for the 7800 GTX's or X900's and put 2 in SLI/crossfire

Only thing about modding it is that you have to buy that little thing that connect the two cards at top. Only place ive seen that sells it is Newegg for like $10-$15

EDIT: NVM you guys are talking about the new ATI shit they made -.-

With a system plan like this i was gonna THINK about watercooling but i just simply dont trust it.

The CPU fan and heatsink, i have some plans on what to replace it with. But as for the video card's.. is there anyway to replace whats on them originaly since they are gonna be in SLI? Right now, on my 6600GT i have a Zalman heatsink installed on it. i dont think i can install something like that on SLI'd cards.

As for my prev. AMD question, what am i lookin for in the different chipsets. Like Athlon, Venice and all of those. The one Gage has posted in his set up is $800 and not to mention US currency. i just wanna know what makes that one stand out to the other ones or something like that. I dont know much about AMD :p

Thanx all

Cheers-

Edit: Gage i think i'm in love with that Liam case you posted..:eek: *drools*

Athlon 64 is just the name of the CPU. Venice, San Diego, those are cores. Some are better than others. Venice core overclocks like no tomorrow, and the San Diego core has a larger cache than the venice, and will also overclock very well.

I also suggest wait for the X900 XT and think about putting 2 of them in crossfire

Originally posted by Lasrix
As for my prev. AMD question, what am i lookin for in the different chipsets. Like Athlon, Venice and all of those.
San Diego. And Athlon is not a core, it's a model ;)

I would actually keep your 6600 for now, and wait for the 7800's and X900's to come out.
then find some benchies, and decide which one you like, and get 2 in SLI or crossfire

Yeah, except the 6600GT i have now isn't PCI.. But other than that, the original plan was to get 2x whichever vid card in SLI.

What is this 'crossfire' that you guys are talkin about now?

Cheers-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom